cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who has made the most app's in shortest time.?.. besides the 'crimes against humanity' guy

tag
johnicek
Valued Member

Re: who has made the most app's in shortest time.?.. besides the 'crimes against humanity' guy

Just picked up 5 new cards Saturday night with pretty high limits compared to my 2 "Old" cards. (My siggy is arranged oldest to newest)

I still have 1 to recon and 1 app that has yet to pull/review.

Reflecting on this past weekend, I may have gone a bit overboard, but hey.

Message 11 of 17
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: who has made the most app's in shortest time.?.. besides the 'crimes against humanity' guy

I picked up all the inquiries in my signature between November and December. I don't have as much to show for it as I should have if I had apped more strategically. I'll be picking up even more soon when I go looking for a car. Smiley Embarassed

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 12 of 17
dominow
New Contributor

my understanding is that many inq's for an auto loan are treated as only one inq if the loan shows as an auto loan on your reports or that's how the lenders view them. need to be done in a short period to appear favorably.

Message 13 of 17
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

Equifax in the last 2 years - 28 and 18 were the last 6 months.  Experian is probably about the same, and transunion is much less. 

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 14 of 17
bobbay
Established Contributor

In 7 months, 25 inquiries across the board,  purchased 2 new cars, 10 new credit cards, 4 denials, with all 4 denials util was the nail in the coffin @>50%.  I now never show over 6% on my reports.  I started with 1 card $1000 limit and a 600 score, very high utilization, >100%...now 699 & over $40k in credit avail.  Strategy was quintessential and lack of it was penalized.

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 15 of 17
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@dominow wrote:

who has made the most app's in shortest time.?

No idea but FlyerTalk might be a good place to look with all the churners who tend to go on sprees.

@dominow wrote:

i hear about all of these sprees. some very successful some not so. i make 2 app's and i'm nervous as a bad boy in church. i have 3 inq's now and i feel dirty

Success is going to depend on one's credit and what one is applying for.  2 apps really isn't much unless you have a thin file and/or bad credit.  I added 8 new accounts last year but they were fairly spread out for the most part except for 3 in March.

Message 16 of 17
hubison97
Established Member

Hello,

is this a federal paid tax lien?  If so you should be able to get it removed from your credit report.  Check out your options @ the IRS site.  I did it and my credit score shot up.  Good Luck!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.