Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who lied, experian or transunion?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

who lied, experian or transunion?

I ordered my credit score both from Experian and 3in1 credit report from Transunion this morning, Experian said my credit score is 716, Transunion 3in1 credit report told me my Experian is 645, what the hell.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: who lied, experian or transunion?

Welcome to the forums!

Both "lied" --neither score is a FICO score, and they don't match each other, and they don't match FICO scores, which are generally what are used by lenders.

Please check out Credit Scoring 101, or at least the first post, linked down in my siggy. This might also help:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&message.id=26143#M26143

But do read Credit Scoring 101. It's a great summary of things you need to know.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol
Message 3 of 13
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Get your ficos here from myfico.com.

They are real and won't lie!

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 13
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Don't forget to use the discount codes. Mods I haven't noticed but is this FICO/FAKO score thingee a sticky yet? Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 13
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Don't forget that www.transunioncs.com will give you a true FICO score.
Message 6 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@smallfry wrote:
Don't forget to use the discount codes. Mods I haven't noticed but is this FICO/FAKO score thingee a sticky yet? Smiley Happy

Gah! Working on it! Shoved one daughter out the door to move to New York, just got back from Atlanta four hours away to pick up the other coming back from Ireland. Getting there, getting there....
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 13
Scamp
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

Gah! Working on it! Shoved one daughter out the door to move to New York, just got back from Atlanta four hours away to pick up the other coming back from Ireland. Getting there, getting there....

Smiley Very Happy  Poor HTSU.  I've pretty much decided you must be at least twins, if not triplets, to manage posting/monitoring all you do on here plus everything you seem to do offsite!

Hope you know how much you (and our other mods) are appreciated. Smiley Wink  Hope your DD had a great time in Ireland!

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 8 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

She had a great time. She's been showing me all the videos that didn't post properly on her Picasa page. And for once, she's able to get up in the morning, as she's she five hours off. Major laundry day coming up. Her apartment washers and dryers cost 6 euros to use --about $10 per load. She's a bit gamey.

I realized later that my post above might have read as being crabby, and I didn't mean it to be. It was a please-world-settle-down-and-let-me-do-something-fun! I had hoped to do the post at the beach, but I seemed to wind up on the balcony, listening to the surf and hydrating a lot. And posts made after hydrating don't always make sense! Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

15$ on myfico, things even funny transunion says: boy, your experian is 645 myfico says: dude, your experian is 681 now comes the experian, your experian score is still 716 the scores from 3 agents might not the same, but what about all of my 3 experian scores, which one i should believe now?
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.