Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why can't I get a CC?

tag
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

why can't I get a CC?

FICO scores TU =696 & EQ=689 EX I don't know. I have an old 2007 credit card closed & positive and my mortgage. TU shows 1 pd negative acct from 2005. Why don't I qualify for a card? i tried Lowes, Walmart got the 7-10 days message and I aaplied at Kays cuz my phone# didn't match what is on my CR I got turned down so I tried Jared's got letter message.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: why can't I get a CC?

mnegron1969 wrote:
FICO scores TU =696 & EQ=689 EX I don't know. I have an old 2007 credit card closed & positive and my mortgage. TU shows 1 pd negative acct from 2005. Why don't I qualify for a card? i tried Lowes, Walmart got the 7-10 days message and I aaplied at Kays cuz my phone# didn't match what is on my CR I got turned down so I tried Jared's got letter message.

Have you tried a secured card? Sometimes, it's getting over the hump of getting the first one that's the most difficult part of building credit with revolving accounts. Secured cards are a great way to get your foot in the door, avoiding the excessive fee cards as well. And, despite what seems to be a well-established fear, "secured cards" (even if they report to your credit report that way) aren't counted with lesser weight.
Message 2 of 4
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

Thank you i will look into that
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you recon any of these declined apps?

Sometimes it is merely the need to verify info or to provide something more.

But secured is a good way to get started...go with a CU.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.