cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why didn't chase give me 0% intro apr on my flex?

tag
periferel
Established Member

why didn't chase give me 0% intro apr on my flex?

i noticed that my apr isn't 0% on the app, just got approved this morning. i already bank with them and have the csp so i have the app on my phone. when i checked out the new card it says 23% apr? i thought it was 0% for everyone for first year.

also it didn't show in the benefits anywhere anything about the 5% back on groceries up to $12,000 or $200 intro bonus on $500 spend. all i see is a quarterly 5%, which i think is for walmart and paypal.

anyone else get approved but not get the intro apr? i'm confused...

scores 9/25/2020 between 670-685
cap1 QUICKSILVER $1,100 DISCOVER $1,100 CSP $7,900 FREEDOM FLEX $8,100
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: why didn't chase give me 0% intro apr on my flex?

Perhaps your scores weren't high enough for the 0% APR. I know Cap One does that, where they don't give 0% if your scores aren't high enough. As for the promo:

$200 Cash Back After You Spend $500 On Purchases In The First 3 Months From Account Opening: This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.

Does any of that apply to you?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

It's normal for the signup bonus to not show anywhere in your account, and the 5% toward grocery is part of that.   As for the 0%, that should show as 0% purchase APR above your cash APR on both the app and the website.  Did you apply through the public web page for the card, or through an offer from Chase, a referral link, or affiliate link that may have not had the offer?  If you applied through the public web page for the card, it's perhaps worth calling Chase to clarify.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you saying you got a lemon Flex?

I certainly would call them to see what's going on, and they should be able to tell you why. 90% of the time the reason will be legit. 23% APR sounds like you didn't qualify to get all the perks a new card offers. They should be able to give you specifics. 

Message 4 of 13
periferel
Established Member

i just went over every part of the flex section of the chase app and i did actually find the $200 signup bonus, it was actually found in the ultimate rewards section not the flex card section. no grocery bonus, which is too bad bc that would have probably been another two or three hundred this year. but yeah unfortunately i don't get the 0% apr. maybe you are right i don't qualify for that but i haven't seen anywhere in the pricing and terms that anyone is excluded from the intro apr. 

bummer, but i guess i'm still happy with my new no annual fee card. thanks for the input everyone.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't feel too bad. Stuff happens. When I applied for my Discover It card, the cash match offer for the first year looked great. I saw it out there in an ad. I applied and I got the card, but no cash match the first year. I applied using the wrong link. I called them, but said they cannot add cash match to my card. 

Message 6 of 13
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@periferel wrote:

i just went over every part of the flex section of the chase app and i did actually find the $200 signup bonus, it was actually found in the ultimate rewards section not the flex card section. no grocery bonus, which is too bad bc that would have probably been another two or three hundred this year. but yeah unfortunately i don't get the 0% apr. maybe you are right i don't qualify for that but i haven't seen anywhere in the pricing and terms that anyone is excluded from the intro apr. 

bummer, but i guess i'm still happy with my new no annual fee card. thanks for the input everyone.

I would check your actual statement for the 0% APR 

I would also make some grocery purchases to see if you get bonus points 

Chase's app/website can annoy me with the way they hide information (is better than amex though). 

Message 7 of 13
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

@periferel wrote:

I would check your actual statement for the 0% APR 

I would also make some grocery purchases to see if you get bonus points 

Chase's app/website can annoy me with the way they hide information (is better than amex though). 

It will be there once you get the card. My best friend apped for the freedom and the card appeared in his online profile first. The apr said 23.99. He was all upset and called them and was politely told to calm down and wait for the actual card to arrive. By the time he got the card, his online account was reflecting the 0% apr.  Just have to be patient. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 8 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Chase will give you 0% apr, just be patient. Whatever was listed when you applied (groceries), will also be honored. 

They don't play "you don't qualify for what you applied for, here is consolation prize" 

Message 9 of 13
periferel
Established Member

woohoo!! i DO get the 15 months of 0% apr!!!

for some reason the app didnt show 0% but i just logged on through my computer and it shows 0% apr! i tried checking the ultimate rewards section through the laptop but there's a page that says "we're working on ultimate rewards right now" so i guess they are updating at the moment. this has been a good day Smiley Happy

im sure the grocery rewards will kick in too which is the last signup bonus i haven't yet seen. this is really a great card!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.