Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will PenFed check my report again ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

will PenFed check my report again ??

hi everyone,

i got a penfed cc a few weeks ago. at the time my credit score was 750+. it was a single EQ pull for membership and cc.

now my question is.....if i apply for a second credit card will PenFed do any kind of NEW credit pull. soft or hard it doesnt metter because....

i had some high balances report and my utilisation now is like 75% and scores dropped to bellow 630. 

i know that penfed usually uses the same hard pull for 30(or even 90 days). but does that mean that they will simply use that old pull and not get to se my present score or report????

also, should i freeze my reports ad then app for a second card.

so even if i am lucky and they dont do a hard inquire...will they do a soft one?

thanks for answers

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: will PenFed check my report again ??

Generally speaking, PenFed hard pulls are good between 30-90 days. It used to be 90 days period but some have reported that has shortened. If it was just a few weeks ago, they shouldn't pull a fresh bureau unless they feel they need to do so. Anythime you apply for credit (or a CLI etc), you have to assume that a HP will be pulled so just be prepared on the off chance they do.

Message 2 of 6
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

OP - we do NOT talk about freezing reports while applying for credit on here.. that is a no no Smiley Happy

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, I’m curious how this turned out if you did apply for 2nd card. Did they do a soft or hard pull? I applied for a LOC and was denied 2 weeks ago but my utilization dropped in half & scores jumped 70-80 pts. I’d like to ask them to reconsider and/or apply for a card IF it’s not another hard pull. Any advice peeps?

Message 4 of 6
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Talk of freezing a report to force a lender to pull another or any measure in between isn’t allowed here on the forums and is against the TOS.  Thanks for your compliance and understanding going forward.  

Message 5 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi there, I’m curious how this turned out if you did apply for 2nd card. Did they do a soft or hard pull? I applied for a LOC and was denied 2 weeks ago but my utilization dropped in half & scores jumped 70-80 pts. I’d like to ask them to reconsider and/or apply for a card IF it’s not another hard pull. Any advice peeps?

In your case you would have to call and ask them to re-pull as they can't do it off a SP from your last HP that was 80 points or whatever lower.  So if you wanted the LOC either wait 90 days and try again or call and explain and ask them to repull your creditor due to utilization or whatever happening and they could have the UW reconsider that way.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.