cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will amex shut me down for too many new accounts?

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

AMEX BLUE FRying pan FLY-BY NEAR MISS

i am just curious, i have been honest with my income, but i am curious what happens to those that enter the 'FRying pan' and aren't honest about income. do they make it out of the 'PAN' with some bruises or are they 'ready to serve'...

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 21 of 36
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX BLUE FRying pan FLY-BY NEAR MISS

Speaking from knowing some one who was put through the FR. They originally put total household income down when applying. When he sent his information in it did not match what he reported. He was about 55K short of what he put when applying. They immediately froze his account, and closed it after payment was received.

He could not figure out what he did wrong or what the reason was, so he called to speak to them again and that is when he found out that his income had the 55k discrepancy. When the CSR figured out he may not have included total household income she brought it to his attention. Once it was realized and he sent the additional information they re-issued another card and over nighted it. It did have a new account number on it but his member dates stayed the same. 

Just to clarify he is married but they file separately so when sending w2 to them he only sent his in. It slipped his mind that he may have needed his wife's also. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 22 of 36
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX BLUE FRying pan FLY-BY NEAR MISS

@scottwagnon wrote:

i am just curious, i have been honest with my income, but i am curious what happens to those that enter the 'FRying pan' and aren't honest about income. do they make it out of the 'PAN' with some bruises or are they 'ready to serve'...

pretty much figured the results couldn't be good (CLD, Closure, Blacklist?) may depend on how much of a disparity and if they consider mitigating factors, if there are any.

...was astonished after going through the process and releasing tax info a couple of years ago, the nice woman who handled mine said 'ok...going to release your acct back unchanged... but did notice income at 980,000...' WTH? I honestly started laughing and said 'that's an extra "0", I wish!'  She didn't even chuckle but released it back nonetheless, dead pan about the discrepancy.  Can only guess, in this instance they realized I had not actually misreported and it was a clerical error...either that or the rep wanted to give me a big scare!

They did eventually CLD....then CLI. we laughed, we cried... Smiley Very Happy

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 23 of 36
mross1080
Established Contributor

Re: will amex shut me down for too many new accounts?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm interested in knowing how 7 new account openings will change your credit score.

I did a app spree about 8 months ago when I didnt know it was a bad idea. I started at a 681 after the 7 accounts I opened when they all hit my report my score went to 585. It KILLED my AAoA. I have pretty new credit history so it really tanked my scores. It came back up after a few months but depending on what your reprt looks like it could really hurt.

Message 24 of 36
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

mrROSS1080, was amex one of your new accounts?

to readers, would like to know about blacklisting, how likely are FRs to blacklist and for what kind of reasons?

Message 25 of 36
mross1080
Established Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

mrROSS1080, was amex one of your new accounts?

to readers, would like to know about blacklisting, how likely are FRs to blacklist and for what kind of reasons?

No, I got amex when my score rebounded a few months later. They FR'd me when I charged my rent on my green card. Almost instantly after I charged it. The FR went fine and ive been using it happily ever since. I charged my rent the next month and it went fine. Im a sucker when it comes to getting points.

Message 26 of 36
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

the reason why i am so curious and why alarm bells have been going off in my head is because i was going over my experian file and i noticed they did an AR (november 12) on me after my first PIF (my statement had just cut too). nothing has happened or come of it. i made another payment on it today 130 over the phone since my bank enrollment is new.

as of now including recent activity and pending charges, my total balance is 89 dollars. which means probably tomorrow, my available credit will be 1911.

Message 27 of 36
mross1080
Established Contributor

Only time will tell. If it happens youll know right away. They call you. I was at dinner with my wife. With me they didnt suspend the card and then call me. The women suspended it while I was on the phone with her explaining all the details of the FR. So in my case they where courteous enough to let me know. I was going to use it for dinner. Capital One got my business instead.

Message 28 of 36
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Mr Ross, right now I Am at flemmings, the Amex blue cash fine Dining hotspot, WOW. Ok so far so good. As of Monday, all of my accounts are reflecting at Experian, even my most recent best buy sub prime HSBC is reflecting. Amex did an AR AFTER They all posted. It is Tuesday night, and so far history is not repeating itself tonight. I am about 7 minutes away from using Amex blue, and have not received the FR call. Mr Ross as of December 5, my Fico score (including HSBC is 730). Ok, they have just handed me the check =D
Message 29 of 36
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Ouch. 200 Dollars even, tax and tip included. I made it, I'm good!
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.