Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wow, Chase came through for me!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow, Chase came through for me!!!

last week, i applied for a chase visa card. it was declined due to a BK from 2003. I called the recon number that i learned from myfico forums(thanks for the backdoor numbers guys) and the guy asked me a few questions and said since it was discharged in 2005, i have had flawless credit since then. he decided to approve me for the card!!! I only got 1000k CL  but its ok, i am sure it will get better in time. also, to put icing on the cake, when i got my card yesterday, when i called to activate it, the lady csr gave me 20 free disney rewards points as a courtesy!!!  now i have had my card for 1 day and already have 20 Disney Rewards Points.
Chase, your my new best friend(along with Target Visa and Sears MC  hehe)
Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: wow, Chase came through for me!!!

Super Congrats bcnu176! Smiley Happy

That's a new card with a 1k limit that you never would
have had without the forum. I'm glad you got the help
you needed and the card will grow over time as long as
you take good care of it.

Congrats once again!!! Smiley Happy

CanDo

"The right attitude is everything"
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes thank to all here. you are so helpful.Smiley Very HappySmiley Wink
agreed. its a card a never would have had if i didnt read myfico
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope it works for me,
I just got a mortgage through them and was applying for 2 credit cards before I went on the concorduser center... 

I got my first, a Juniper barklay's
my second I went with people that gave me credit...chase gave me a 30 day notice...I bet it's a decline...I hope they listen to me during recon because I sure need to dump/garden First Premier.  I have two cards with them, but I need 1 more decent card to open before I start messing with my older accounts.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That card as unique feature,

if take a promotion like no interest on a Disney Vacation package for 6 months when place you Disney rewards visa. They apply payment firsts to all non  DIsney promotional balances.

if charge a $1000 Disney vacation, then place additional $100 in purchases, Then send a $200 payment IF these are the only balances on the account, Then the first $100 would go to the other purchases then $100 to the vacation

if had this card, I call to to ask if I could maintain grace period for purchases by paying all of the non promotional purchases in full each month, I bet not, but you would only pay for that month if you send a payment large enough to cover the new purchases

Message Edited by rbbyrbsn on 06-02-2008 07:58 AM
Message 5 of 8
BobbyJ
Frequent Contributor

Congrats,

I too got approval after a recon last week for the Chase Plat. Visa with a $1000 cl.

You are all great.  There is no way I would have gotten it without all of your comments and help.

I had a recent Ch13 BK discharged on 4-17-08 but had a few accounts since filing in 2003 and never late. They asked a few questions and bam!!!  I was approved.

Thanks again to you all.... and congrats to those who didnt give up.  :-)

Bobby
Fico 8 Scores: EX: 787 (6/25/21) EQ: 788 (6/12/21) TU: 750 (2/21/21)
Fico 9 Scores: EX: 799 (11/9/20) EQ: 794 (10/13/20)

Ch7 BK Filed on 10/13/2013 - Discharged 1/14/14

Amex Blue Cash Preferred $15K | Amex Gold Card | Citi Costco Visa $7700 | USBank Altitude Go Visa Sig $10K | USBank Cash+ Visa $8K | C1 Savor MC Elite $15K | C1 Venture One $10K | C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K | C1 Quicksilver WMC $10K | Penfed Plat Rewards Visa $9,500 | Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa $11K | Discover IT $7500 | USAA Pref Rewards Visa $5K | Penfed Path Visa $10K | Logix FCU Plat MC $12K | SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 | Best Buy Visa $2K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig $500 | Consumers CU Visa Cash Rebate $5K | PNC Points Visa $2500 | JCPenney $1,800 | Abound CU Plat Visa $5K | Lowes $7K | HSN Card $3K | Walmart MasterCard $2K | Walmart Store Card $2K | Kohls $1K | Target Red Card $800 | QVC Card $800
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

bcnu, awsumm!!! congrats to you
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah, this card does have cool features. i already put about 50 dollars on it. also its cool in the fact it has 0%  apr for 6 months for purchases or balance transfers. I havent bought any Disney stuff yet, but I will later. Hehe its also cool I live in So-Cal, 8 miles from Disneyland, so I can go directly there or use it at the Disney store in the mall. But man, it takes so long to earn points  lol Smiley Tongue
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.