cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

you wanna f/r me? go bl*w yourself, amex.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: you wanna f/r me? go bl*w yourself, amex.

I guess I am odd man out on this post.  I got a FR and everything went okay for me. 

I did a ton of research.  It appears that these FRs are being used by other credit grantors as well.  But they are using them when the credit lines exceed $25K.

It's a personal decision.  I did not lose any of my credit cards and my CLs stayed the same

Message 21 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

With all the people I know who are in cash businesses and use that income to live far beyond their Income Tax Return stated means - their favorite card always seems to have been AMEX. Until lately. This may well be about Homeland Security. It may be about IRS fishing to verify that they guys who are spending 100k and more per year with AMEX and pay it every time and on time, really do file tax returns that support that level of spending on the reported income. As to the other info on the returns - student loan interest, support of a friend who I can legitimately claim as a dependent because he's dying of AIDS and his family kicked him into the streets when he was sick, the medical bills paid for an aging parent, my daughters mortgage payment for her condo at her college town which we both signed for and since she has little income, I can legitimately take not only the interest deduction but depreciation as well (I don't live in the friggin thing!) Yeah, I'm going to give AMEX or any other creditor that kind of info about my life? There is no card on the planet worth that level of intrusion into my life. The concept of "personal privacy" has just about been destroyed by the idiots in Congress and the Senate trying to curry favor with GWB and their knee jerk fear based reactions to dismantle our constitution after 9/11. When do they develop profiles that list our religions, political affiliations, sexual preferences, etc. I'm sure that both AMEX and FICO could take that data and correlate it to the relative risk of default per thousand and come up with even better and more accurate stats than they now offer! From this level of intrusion, how long before they tell us that they're loosing too much money to fraudulent use of their precious cards and of course for our own "protection" they're going to offer a microchip implant on the left hand or in the forehead that will prevent fraudulent usage in a really meaningful way. Hell, they'll even - for a limited time only - allow the first adopters of their new and exciting fraud-proof technology the ability to go into the AMEX certified physician and have the microchip implanted painlessly with absolutely NO FEE! NONE! The doc will put this little bugger right there under the skin where no one but those authorized persons with the proper scanner equipment will be able to tell it's even in place! Not until you want to buy something or apply for credit and then, all you've got to do is waive your hand over the scanner and PRESTO - in the time it takes you to say 'nanosecond' your purchase, loan request, car purchase, car rental, hotel check in, etc., is fully processed, documented to a fair-thee-well, and you're on your way. And if you lost your hand and have an artificial one - don't worry. We'll put it in your forehead so all you have to do is nod your head in the direction of the scanner and the same info is instantly available to the party you're doing business with (or wish to do business with.) Yeah, right. I'm a JEW but I read the bible more than once in my life. Yes, the old and NEW testaments, too. And 'ya know what I remember? The book of REVELATION that talked about this Mark of the Beast which unless you have you wouldn't be able to buy or sell (anything!) Give them your tax returns if you're an idiot! They don't have the right to ask for this. I got a 2 million dollar mortgage without turning loose of my returns. Why in hell would I give them to some overzealous credit card company? Until card holders world wide rebel and make AMEX know that this level of intrusion into a customer's life and finances is INTOLERABLE and will cost them more customers and more good will than they ever dreamed possible - until that point is clearly made where they notice it most - in their corporate check book and corporate earnings, -- Until they see that they're loosing money and people are canceling the damned cards rather than allow this snooping and gross invasion of their financial and personal histories, they will not only continue with this but the intrusion will become worse! They'll soon want a copy of your return every year! And maybe 24/7 access to your bank accounts, too. Just in case you spend a large amount and they don't "think" you should be able to do so! Where and when are we going to jointly put an end to this crap! AMEX cancelled my card when I was in the hospital with a broken back and then tried to sue me for a balance owed on a corporate card which was not mine and which I'd never applied for nor authorized! I've happily left home without it for the last several years. And my life is not worse because of this! They are NOT the only game in town. Status Plastic is a creation of their PR people. There is NO STATUS in being deep in debt! NONE! Doesn't matter if you owe AMEX or Po'Dunk Mastercard. You still are in debt and will have to pay it some day some way. Wake up. LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT BUT DON"T BE STUPID ENOUGH TO GIVE THEM ACCESS TO SOMETHING THAT WAS ONCE CONSIDERED THE MOST PRIVATE OF DOCUMENTS YOU COULD GET! BRAVO and CHEERS to those who've had the courage and the instinct to cancel their AMEX cards rather than allow this invasion of your life. I APPLAUD YOUR EFFORTS AND THE GUTS YOU HAVE! One man's opinion. But he just might have a point...
Message 22 of 37
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

markinnyc wrote:
Until card holders world wide rebel and make AMEX know that this level of intrusion into a customer's life and finances is INTOLERABLE and will cost them more customers and more good will than they ever dreamed possible - until that point is clearly made where they notice it most - in their corporate check book and corporate earnings, -- Until they see that they're loosing money and people are canceling the damned cards rather than allow this snooping and gross invasion of their financial and personal histories, they will not only continue with this but the intrusion will become worse!

That is the way to deal with it.

There is no way I am going to apply for any AMEX card while this is going on.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 23 of 37
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

I really enjoy reading your posts.  They are written with such enthusiasm.  However, I find myself getting lost at times due to the absence of paragraphs.  I mean no insult what-so-ever and I am not an English major by any means.  Just easier on the eyes.

Great post and please keep them coming.
Message 24 of 37
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

And I might just cancel mine to avoid dealing with this type of crap in the future.
Message 25 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish you all were not upset w/ AMEX. They just increased my limit from 2.5k to 24k.

As i learned from here, it helps my FICO to have low utilization, so I paid down all my cards to below 30% utilization, except one 0% rate to below 50%.....all my cc rates are at lower rates than any of my mortgage rates.

I realized another way to lower utilization is to have my limit increased.

Chase and Cap1 turned me down on all 6 cards.

Discover, BOA, Wachovia increased them by a small amount.

Citi (which just months ago gave me a $550 credit for paying down my 4.9% rate balance down faster than the minimum) raised my limit from 12k to 25k.

But the king increase was by Amex!!

Message 26 of 37
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

No one is really disputing AMEX's ability to raise CLs.  It's more about making customers jump through hoops and pretending that AMEX is the only card issuer out there. 

Message Edited by SpecFile on 08-26-2007 03:46 PM
Message 27 of 37
Zerohot
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:
They just increased my limit from 2.5k to 24k.

Sweet! AMEX tend to give away credit like candy which is a good thing to help improve utilization. At the same time though, they are the only company that I've seen who a-probe their clients with FR's. Has anyone heard of any other CCC doing this?

Message Edited by Zerohot on 08-26-2007 01:58 PM
Message 28 of 37
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Some banks and CCCs do regular soft pulls to check how you are doing
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 29 of 37
Zerohot
Established Member

I see the soft pulls on my reports all the time. I guess to see if they can invoke the "universal default" clause in the cc agreement. AR's are okay in my book. I just don't understand demanding tax returns. That seems a bit excessive esp. if you are not requesting a large CL.
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.