Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 in 10 would give up alcohol for an 800 score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 in 10 would give up alcohol for an 800 score

I don't app often after midnight, but when I do I drink Dos Equis!

Message 21 of 33
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I assure everyone that you can drink excessively and still maintain 800s Smiley Wink

Ha!, I am really pondering that ...(Probably the most hilarious Drunked app)

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Drunken-Nordstrom-Apping-UPDATE-4-28-19/m-p/5583694#M595890

"Needless to say, my wife cut me off, but it didn't stop me and my friends from trying to act out the nativity scene with a stuffed penguin in front of a house that still had Christmas lights and a gingerbread house still up."

@Brian_Earl_Spilner is a pro. I must now find that Ring Doorbell video on YouTube before I die: "OMGLOL look at what these guys did on my lawn!"

And how did that post only have 47 (now 48 because me) kudos? 

You know, I think I'm going to drag my good scotch across the desert, and after I get keys in hand and the loan funds, going to get astoundingly drunk and put in the refi for my LA condo.  Shoot I may have to do that from some place that has Internet, **bleep** first world problems.

Switched lenders on the purchase and the loan commitment already came back where the conditions were just the usual process things like getting an appraisal and title and the other mandatory process things, NOT ONE DAMNED THING FOR ME.

It's not even sporting compared to what millions of consumers go through applying sober every year after what I experienced with BOFA, have to apply drunk and screw something up badly to even make this annoying given that I'm going to do the refi with the same lender.

        
Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't app often after midnight, but when I do I drink Dos Equis!

I was drinking Merlot before my 3am app for a Discover It Cash Back card.

This was 6 hours after I was approved for an AMEX BCE and that app can be blamed on an after-work happy hour celebration. I know it started with a pint of Guinness (Sláinte!)...amaretto sours....me in a cab with a bottle of Merlot from someone/somewhere.

My credit limit increased 135%, EX 2 decreased 26pts, and I could have sworn I saw EX AUTO 2 lose 224 points, but it turns out that was only 24 points.

I now have a security freeze in place at all 3 CRAs, and won't drink again for several months or weeks.

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

You know, I think I'm going to drag my good scotch across the desert, and after I get keys in hand and the loan funds, going to get astoundingly drunk and put in the refi for my LA condo.  Shoot I may have to do that from some place that has Internet, **bleep** first world problems.

lol And what a time for a refi! I just checked bankrate.com earlier and it said...

"Sorry, none of our lenders are displaying rates right now.This is partially because many lenders are overwhelmed by a recent surge in mortgage applications."

Message 24 of 33
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

lol And what a time for a refi! I just checked bankrate.com earlier and it said...

"Sorry, none of our lenders are displaying rates right now.This is partially because many lenders are overwhelmed by a recent surge in mortgage applications."

Yeah, I checked Zillow and Bankrate for giggles and the ones that were posting were like 5%.

That includes the lender I'm with at 3.25% right now.  I'm pretty sure it's "if you need a loan really badly, we have a really bad loan for you!" pricing to discourage some apps through those sites.

        
Message 25 of 33
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I assure everyone that you can drink excessively and still maintain 800s Smiley Wink

Ha!, I am really pondering that ...(Probably the most hilarious Drunked app)

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Drunken-Nordstrom-Apping-UPDATE-4-28-19/m-p/5583694#M595890

"Needless to say, my wife cut me off, but it didn't stop me and my friends from trying to act out the nativity scene with a stuffed penguin in front of a house that still had Christmas lights and a gingerbread house still up."

@Brian_Earl_Spilner is a pro. I must now find that Ring Doorbell video on YouTube before I die: "OMGLOL look at what these guys did on my lawn!"

And how did that post only have 47 (now 48 because me) kudos? 

Omg. That thread is hilarious. Definite HOF candidate! 😂

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't drank in years..   I'd do it.    

It does take work, and doing this rebuild over the last 3 years..  there is no quick fix.    I would like to get to 780-800 for cushion that i won't dip down to much when i do app, but i had to stop apping so my accounts could age and inq's go away..  thats what the MyFico community has to give up for an 800 score.    credit seekers the lot of us are  Smiley Wink 

Message 27 of 33
Trudy
Valued Contributor

I drank myself from 600's to 850.  I think I lost points when I was sick and didn't drink at all for 2 months.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Trudy wrote:

I drank myself from 600's to 850.  I think I lost points when I was sick and didn't drink at all for 2 months.

LOL

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't even have to read all of the replies after this one. My credit score was in the the crapper because of my excessive boozing and not caring about anything but the next bottle of JW Black Label. Been sober for 4 years now!!! I was able to achieve and 800+ credit score by using this forum and being diligent, caring and thoughtful about my situation as well as my family's situation. I won the hearts of my family back and now walk tall and proud. So yes, someone gave me an 800 score. The G.A.O.T.U. Saw fit to give me a second chance at life. /G\

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.