Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 JD Power Credit Card Satisfaction Study

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2019 JD Power Credit Card Satisfaction Study

https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2019-credit-card-satisfaction-study
I think this was released a few months back, but it caught my attention due to the regional bank segment.

Overall: Discover ranks #1. AMEX #2.

The regional bank segment is interesting, however. BB&T won the top spot. PNC #2.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: 2019 JD Power Credit Card Satisfaction Study

I can see BB&T winning Regional because of their generosity.  But I guess that's not enough for National? Comenity isn't even listed and they  certainly have awesome bt offers and their sct offers are unique to sub-prime scores, prime included, offering products for both with surprising cli's similar to Synchrony, who did make the cut. 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol at NFCU having the best scores period. Gotta love Navy Federal!

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@GApeachy wrote:

I can see BB&T winning Regional because of their generosity.  But I guess that's not enough for National? Comenity isn't even listed and they  certainly have awesome bt offers and their sct offers are unique to sub-prime scores, prime included, offering products for both with surprising cli's similar to Synchrony, who did make the cut. 

It's probably tied to the number of states a bank can lend in for Regional vs. National.

Re: Comenity, I really don't think the things you state were even part of the study.  You're absolutely right, and afficionado forums such as this or a few other places know about that; however, when they talked about only 33% of the consumers understanding the supplemental benefits on their credit cards, well, understanding things like credit tiers, UW policies, and limit extention/CLI data is way way way less than 1% of the consumer base just sayin' Smiley Happy.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.