cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 minutes tonight on CBS about the Credit Bureaus!!

tag
sherakay
Valued Member

60 minutes tonight on CBS about the Credit Bureaus!!

Enlightening segment about how filing a dispute, gathering and sending info for an investigation, does NOTHING to help the consumer!!

Starting Score: Walmart myfico 664 TU Lender Pull 690 EQ Lender Pull 669
Current Score: Walmart myfico 698 TU Equifax- 686 Experian- 692 Transunion- 700 Lender Pull 7/18/12
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 60 minutes tonight on CBS about the Credit Bureaus!!

I know the current system the bureaus use to verify stuff is worthless but this same flawed system has also helped millions of people get bad accurate information off there reports as well and for the smart one's it's a fresh start so really who's to blame. It goes both ways really.

Message 2 of 6
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know the current system the bureaus use to verify stuff is worthless but this same flawed system has also helped millions of people get bad accurate information off there reports as well and for the smart one's it's a fresh start so really who's to blame. It goes both ways really.

While the system is flawed because it has become automated in my opinion (much cheaper to have software running it, then actually having employess doing it). Being automated has no human interaction, and can in no way be beneficial as the software can not distinguish things properly. When you ask to have a dispute removed, since it has to be sent to an automated system, you actually have to request a dispute to remove a dispute. How that makes any sense and usually does not get the dispute removed is beyond me.

Greed is the key to most flawed systems.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 6
ecalmese
Regular Contributor

@sherakay wrote:

Enlightening segment about how filing a dispute, gathering and sending info for an investigation, does NOTHING to help the consumer!!

wow!!! wouldve loved to see this episode. does anyone know if this episode can be found online anywhere?

Started January 2013 in the lower 500s
Scores (as of January 2014) Equifax 630 | Experian 646 | Transunion 674
With the help of you all; I am working my way to the 700 club!
Message 4 of 6
nicastar

Message 5 of 6
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

here the link to the show today.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50153672n

>
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.