Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Keep It Blue Cards Coming! Upcycled Plastic From Ocean

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New AMEX Keep It Blue Card Coming!

@Anonymous wrote:
Am I the only one who read this as their future cards will be made with upcycled material from the ocean and not a new Keep It Blue credit card product?

That is how I understand it as well. Maybe take the eco friendly design of current card or something.

Message 11 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too, so pretty!!!! Heart

Message 12 of 40
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I don't know if this is a new product or just new materials for old accounts.

Assuming the latter...I want all of my cards replaced with this ASAP, and I want them expedited to me by overnight air and UPS special early delivery! I want to show everyone how low my carbon footprint is!

But seriously...

I have requested cards to be expedited before, and I took the somewhat vain step of getting my Platinum in metal (though I did want a new last 4, anyway, as my bill payment system was getting confused with multiple Amex cards with the same last 4). I'm not an environmental saint, but I would point out that for as long as your current old-tech plastic works, it's better to avoid getting one of these until you actually need a new physical card.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 13 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Keep It Blue Cards Coming! Upcycled Plastic From Ocean

Message 14 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

The chip wouldn't be recycled ocean plastic, so it technically shouldn't be there. Right? Actually it's just a prototype image, so i would assume the actual card would look slightly differnt.

Also, my undersating is that this is what the first card will look like. Simply o raise awareness. Then eventually all cards may be made of said material.

I too hope I can PC my BCE to this, very nice lookig card.

Message 15 of 40
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Curious to see the cards features and perks, if it is indeed a new stand alone card and not just a design option. Wonder if the "blue" aspect means it'll be within the same family as the bce/BCP & I could thus PC my BCE to it.

+1 Ditto

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 16 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I guess this explains why my AmEx cards are so thin and flimsy and the first to physically crack.  Thing is though, when you have to order a replacement card every few months, you conserve more plastic by making your card more durable in the long-run.  Anyway, good on AmEx for their awareness on this serious issue.

Message 17 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always get the "this card is heavy" whenever I use the CSP. Perhaps a previous post was correct, maybe they all should go to metal cards. After all, isn't metal cheaper to process now days compared to plastics? Though with the recent increase in Tariffs maybe not. 

Message 18 of 40
Express
Frequent Contributor

Nice!
CL $408,200
Message 19 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.