Did you mean: 

Alabama man awarded multi-million verdict against credit reporting agency

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Re: Alabama man awarded multi-million verdict against credit reporting agency

@trusty wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would love to reply to what you wrote. But, my eyes seriously cannot handle such a huge wall-of-text. Please use proper punctuation and spacing, so that people can actually appreciate what you've written.

I agree.  Very painful to read....  Someone's English/Grammer teacher would not be happy!

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 21 of 28
EW800
Valued Contributor

"During trial, information showed that Experian doesn't investigate thousands of disputes from customers each day, even though the Fair Credit Reporting Act requires it. Experian receives between 3,000 and 10,000 letters every day, but only has 10-14 employees in the mail room."

It will be interesting to see if Experian makes any changes as a result of this.  I am betting not...  Horrible that such a large number of disputes (thousands per day!) just go straight to the shredder...

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about the grammar. I was so P.O.'d when I wrote that digital scroll of text my fingers and brain went all stream of consciousness on me. [End of paragraph]

[New paragraph]
Dear Grammarians -
Thank you for encouraging better grammar for easier readability. I am sure you can all appreciate the spirit that animated the writing, despite the grammatical errors. Glad to know that many appreciated the basic ideas contained in the longest, rambling, but oh so sincere post on myFico.

Best,

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Introducing Experian Watch

Experian Knowingly Allows Identity Matching System Known for questionable accuracy

http://www.centolaw.com/creditreportinglawblog/2017/12/28/experian-sued-for-mixing-the-credit-files-...

Experian's Crefit Scores Allegedly Faulty

https://www.reuters.com/article/experian-errors/lawsuit-says-experians-credit-disclosures-to-consume...

Experian Fined 3 Million Dollars by the Feds

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/03/23/experian-fined-3-million-for-misleading-customers-over-credit-...

Why Every Consumer Law Attorney at the Plaintiff's Bar (Probably) Loves Hearing You have an issue with Experian:

https://www.micreditlawyer.com/experian-suspicious-dispute-letters/

Experian Refuses to Delete Erroneus lien on Credit Report Even After Consumer Enlisted Local Authority to Help.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article213520939.html

folks, they don't care about you, or your life or your job, they traffic in people's reputations as a principle business activity and often and cavilierly report wrongly. In other words they make money off of your life, people pay them to gossip about you in writing. Suing them when they screw you and your good name should be a joy, an honor and a privilege, and dare I say it a civic duty, because at least you have a fair shot at damages. You can help keep them within the law. There is nothing noble or moral about letting people muck of over your precious life and tolerating it, because suing is unpopular.  <Mod edit:  We don't discuss politics here.  Thanks, --UB>

Message 24 of 28
Kree
Established Contributor

This reminds me of how in the 70s Ford was doing math to see if it was cheaper to recall a faulty automobile or if it was cheaper to pay off potential victims.

900 people died because before they decided it was cheaper to fix than to deal with the lawsuits.   Punitive damages are very important for consumer safety.

Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
... Glad to know that many appreciated the basic ideas contained ...

I didn't read -- it's not user-friendly. What are the basic ideas?

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The basics:

1. No one should have to be afraid to exercise their rights in this country. Suing is not inherently shameful.

2. Corporate hypocrisy is rampant in the world. If citizens buy in to anti-litigation narritives they can easily believe they don’t have a case, when in fact they do.

3. Everyday millions of lives have their personal business dealings trafficked in, I guarantee you to Experian you are not a person, you are either a data set and thus a product, or an occupational nuisance if you really make a stink about your report.They don’t do goodwill deletions, they will cite contracts with their subscribers, laws, and anything else that will allow them to carry out the course of their business even if your life is trampled in the cross currents of their instutional transactions. So why would anyone object to punitive damages? Certainly it isn’t objectively unfair to damage those who damage you. That’s pretty much the basic reason civil laws exist.

4. Nobody should unqualifiedly trash or demonize someone else’s suit. What you care enough about to defend and protect may not be of the same level of concern to the next man or woman and vice versa. This doesn’t necessarily mean that the method he or she uses to protect or vindicate himself or herself, is irrational, irrelevant, or even trumped up. Our courts have a purpose, and punitive damages have been around for centuries and our enshrined in our jurisprudence. If you’re lawyer, a judge and a jury decided you were entitled to punitive damages even though the compensatory damages were comparatively small would you turn it down? If not why bother to criticize the award or the suit.

Those were the basic points.

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aww 😀 you counted?
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.