cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Sam's Club Credit Card holders. 63 Stores Closing.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

All Sam's Club Credit Card holders. 63 Stores Closing.

"Walmart is abruptly closing 63 Sam's Club stores and laying off thousands of workers"

http://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-suddenly-closes-sams-club-stores-2018-1

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: All Sam's Club Credit Card holders. 63 Stores Closing.

They didn't close the one we use in San Antonio.  I guess they rumor of them opening a new one closer to me is just that.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

read it online, yesterday. It is despicable. How they just shut the stores down and didn't tell employees that this was expected. I'm not happy with Walmart, in regards to this. Looks like Amazon is hurtin their BL really something!

I'm glad they kept the Charlotte/Pineville stores open.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're probably exiting the market because of pressure from Circuit City, lol.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/09/circuit-city-to-relaunch-online-next-month-with-stores-on-the-horizo...

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
read it online, yesterday. It is despicable. How they just shut the stores down and didn't tell employees that this was expected. I'm not happy with Walmart, in regards to this. Looks like Amazon is hurtin their BL really something!

I'm glad they kept the Charlotte/Pineville stores open.

Businesses close all the time. It’s just part of the ever changing world. Online shopping is remaking this country Less and less brick and mortar stores. What do you expect? They have no choice but to reallocate assets. To many people take it personally. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good, the 4 near me the veggies and fruit are always out of date and past due dates on everything else. I wouldn't shop there if that was my only choice. Not a dime ever again.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least I'm getting a $45 refund check now. I didn't use or plan on using the membership anyways. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.