Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Is Seeking Office-Supply Dominance With Its Credit Card

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Amazon Is Seeking Office-Supply Dominance With Its Credit Card

Amazon.com Inc is planning to offer a credit card to U.S. small-business customers, furthering its push to supply companies with everything from reams of paper to factory parts, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

The e-commerce giant has been in talks with banks including JPMorgan Chase & Co. on a co-branded credit card for small-business owners who shop on its website, said the people, who asked not to be named discussing private negotiations. An Amazon spokesman declined to comment.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-12/amazon-is-said-to-seek-office-supply-dominance-wi...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Amazon Is Seeking Office-Supply Dominance With Its Credit Card

very interesting indeed!! Amazon is literally taking over the world!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6wrote:

Amazon.com Inc is planning to offer a credit card to U.S. small-business customers, furthering its push to supply companies with everything from reams of paper to factory parts, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

The e-commerce giant has been in talks with banks including JPMorgan Chase & Co. on a co-branded credit card for small-business owners who shop on its website, said the people, who asked not to be named discussing private negotiations. An Amazon spokesman declined to comment.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-12/amazon-is-said-to-seek-office-supply-dominance-wi...

Would make sense seeing as they already have a relationship with Chase already in the personal card side. And seems they are happy with the banking relationship. So a business card relationship is a logical next step.

Message 3 of 7
Kree
Established Contributor

I've ordered a few office supplies from Amazon in the past. Last week they sent me an email offering to upgrade my prime for free to a "prime business account". 

I wonder if its related.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last decade it was WalMart
Message 5 of 7
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Maybe its just my geographic region and cost of living is lower in general here, but there's very little in the way of office supplies on Amazon that aren't priced significantly above local vendors who also have same day/next day delivery.

Sure, sometimes an item or two ends up being less, but that's a definite exception.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 6 of 7
silvius
New Contributor

Yes, it does seem they are taking over the world.  It reminds me of the movie Wall-E where "Buy N Large" was the one place you could buy from and they started brainwashing you at an early age.

January 2023: 850 (Equifax FICO 9)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.