Did you mean: 

Amazon tire-kicking for Chase replacement of CC

tag
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon tire-kicking for Chase replacement of CC

@Anonymous wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

Apparently Chase is finding that issuing the Amazon Visa isn't sufficiently profitable.

AMEX and Synchrony reportedly have expressed interest,  we all know that Synchrony manages the store card, not as widely known that AMEX already issues the Amazon business card.   Or, perhaps this exercise is a ploy to get a more favorable agreement negotiated.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazon-explores-replacing-jpmorgan-credit-233713777.html

With 5/24 rule, it no wonder why it not profitable. Chase is cutting out a lot of users by that rule. The whole goal of Amazon is to get many users on board with their credit products.  I am hoping for Synchrony, since they do approve alot of users without an issue. 

While not as strict on new accounts as Chase, Sync will still shoot someone down for excessive credit seeking too. Keep in mind that the folks on this board are an exception to the norm. Most average card applicants are likely under 5/24. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 11 of 155
althes
Frequent Contributor

Amazon Visa will no longer be issued by Chase

So how do we feel.

Guess it will be going to Synchrony.

Message 12 of 155
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amazon Visa will no longer be issued by Chase

According to a Reuters article I found, it sounds like at a minimum American Express and Synchrony are bidding on acquiring the portfolio.  Between those two issuers, hopefully Amex gets it!

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 13 of 155
manbuckets
Regular Contributor

Hopefully it goes to AMEX, either way, it not being affected by 5/24 anymore will be a plus

Current Cards/Loans:
Future Cards:
Message 14 of 155
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

A readable article, for context.  

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 15 of 155
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Good.  Not a fan of Chase.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 16 of 155
calyx
Super Contributor

Well, dang, I'm going to hope for AMEX (since they like me) and I can stop worrying about trying to hit 4/24 to get another card with Chase.

My AU, otoh, will not be pleased if it gets away from Chase (assuming they don't keep grandfathered cards).

(not that I'm not already looking at Affinity's card so slide in with a 5% amazon card anyway).

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 17 of 155
LakeLife
Established Contributor

@manbuckets wrote:

Hopefully it goes to AMEX, either way, it not being affected by 5/24 anymore will be a plus

This is my thought too.  It's so frustrating dealing with Chase's strict adherence to 5/24 when hoping to get a branded credit card.  

Message 18 of 155
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

So what if its not a profitable card they still make tens of billions a quarter (Chase). Im getting sick and tired of all this maneuvering to squeeze every dime out of people and companies. Glad I dont have any Amazon cards as I refuse to do business with Amazon.

Message 19 of 155
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

it would be nice to get this out of Chase's hands and into AMEX. 

Either company has a stake in this as Synch has the store card & AMEX has the business card. Both want the additional rev from having the other card. It might work in Synch's favor by having the store card but we shall see. 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 20 of 155
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.