Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon tire-kicking for Chase replacement of CC

tag
cws-21
Established Contributor

Re: Amazon tire-kicking for Chase replacement of CC

@rgd51, I also currently have the 3% card. I will kick myself for, possibly, not joining Amazon Prime to upgrade to the 5% card if it were to be eventually grandfathered by Chase for those who currently have it. If that were to happen, Chase keeps current Chase Amazon card holders with the Amazon discount, there is no way they could keep the now required Amazon Prime membership for the 5% version, correct?

Message 91 of 155
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

If it goes to a new lender whether I keep the card or not will depend on if or how badly it gets nerfed. If it gets converted to the synchrony amazon store card I'll just close my chase card before the switch happens and transfer the CL over to my freedom unlimited. 

Message 92 of 155
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I doubt that Synchrony would be interested in acquiring the portfolio simply to transition cardholders over to the store card. 

I think it more likely they would want to put in place a system similar to for example the Macy's cards - if your current financial status warranted it they would offer you your choice of a Visa or a store card, if your status wasn't quite that robust they would consider approving you for only the store card.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 93 of 155
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@coldfusion wrote:

I doubt that Synchrony would be interested in acquiring the portfolio simply to transition cardholders over to the store card. 

I think it more likely they would want to put in place a system similar to for example the Macy's cards - if your current financial status warranted it they would offer you your choice of a Visa or a store card, if your status wasn't quite that robust they would consider approving you for only the store card.

It's possible that SYNCB could seamlessly transition the Chase Amazon Visa to a SYNCB Amazon Visa. Which would mirror some current store versions alongside their V/MCs (e.g. BP, Sams Club, At Home, Belk, etc.).  So, who knows.

That is, of course, if they end up being the highest bidder, unless Chase plays 'hard to get'.  It's happened before -- Chase played 'hard to get' with the Southwest Airlines portfolio at their last renewal and in the end Chase and SWA decided to renew their strategic partnership.  But, we shall see what happens.

Message 94 of 155
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

RUMOR: Amazon leaves Chase for Amex

The Subject line says it all. This rumor is peppered throughout the forums. What is the basis for it and is any of it substantiated?

Message 95 of 155
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: RUMOR: Amazon leaves Chase for Amex

@kshurika- please reference the discussion upthread.

Message 96 of 155
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone been able to substantiate the Amex rumor?

Message 97 of 155
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@rgd51 wrote:

Has anyone been able to substantiate the Amex rumor?

I seriously doubt that a decision has been reached this early in the game. I'm betting it's a false rumor.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 98 of 155
RootDet
Established Contributor

I read somewheres the contract has like 2-3 years left to go. So i would not expect a speedy decision and clear path out for a long time. 

Message 99 of 155
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

@RootDet wrote:

I read somewheres the contract has like 2-3 years left to go. So i would not expect a speedy decision and clear path out for a long time. 

If the card does go to Amex how would that appear on my credit reports? Would my chase account be closed and then I'd take a hit for a new account on my credit reports?

Message 100 of 155
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.