Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon tire-kicking for Chase replacement of CC

tag
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase/Amazon Breakup

Chase seems interested in cornering online grocery delivery with the CSP and perhaps a Chase instacart card.

But that is just my two cents.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 121 of 155
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@rgd51 wrote:

So the Amex account didn't show as closed on your credit report? And a new account didn't just appear?

My AMEX TL showed as closed/transfered and Citi showed up as a new TL with the actual opening date (the AMEX TL had a backdate).   I do miss the AMEX backdating.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 122 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I saw this before I applied.

I am not someone in "the know", who would have looked up the relationship between Chase and Amazon to see if they were continuing their partnership.

Having said that, I do not wish to have a relationship with Synchrony due to a past issue years ago and while I have read good things for other people I am not interested in doing business with them. I did want to start a relationship with Amex as their BCP would fit my needs in terms of grocery rewards.

I had always wanted a relationship with Chase and finally got in with the Prime Visa about a month ago, but now I see this news. I want to continue with Chase, but I'm not sure if they will switch me to one of their other cards or if my account will turn into an Amex/Synchrony account.

I worked at Costco just before they switched from Amex to Citi. I saw the hysteria from members and that was just from my warehouse. I can't imagine what went on at other locations.

I plan to wait until there is some official word on this, then contact Chase to see if there is a way to move into a different Chase card. I have read some threads about switching between Chase and their co-branded cards, but nothing on the Amazon card (so far).

If not and it is an Amex partnership, I will welcome that. If it is Synchrony, they may as well close my account before I do.

Message 123 of 155
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish I saw this before I applied.

I am not someone in "the know", who would have looked up the relationship between Chase and Amazon to see if they were continuing their partnership.

Having said that, I do not wish to have a relationship with Synchrony due to a past issue years ago and while I have read good things for other people I am not interested in doing business with them. I did want to start a relationship with Amex as their BCP would fit my needs in terms of grocery rewards.

I had always wanted a relationship with Chase and finally got in with the Prime Visa about a month ago, but now I see this news. I want to continue with Chase, but I'm not sure if they will switch me to one of their other cards or if my account will turn into an Amex/Synchrony account.

I worked at Costco just before they switched from Amex to Citi. I saw the hysteria from members and that was just from my warehouse. I can't imagine what went on at other locations.

I plan to wait until there is some official word on this, then contact Chase to see if there is a way to move into a different Chase card. I have read some threads about switching between Chase and their co-branded cards, but nothing on the Amazon card (so far).

If not and it is an Amex partnership, I will welcome that. If it is Synchrony, they may as well close my account before I do.

Everything you've seen here is just discussion and speculation. No one knows what's going to happen. Probably even Chase and Amazon haven't made any decisions yet.  I've had the card for 4 1/2 years, and find it to be a pretty decent card, so just use it and enjoy it and don't worry about it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 124 of 155
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Personally I never liked Chase. HP CLI and set on stone for APR reduction and other silly rules that they like to enforce.

I'm very glad Amazon finally is realising this and planning to move to better bank. AMX would be great match for them.

Message 125 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am definitely not worried about it. I was thinking about choices should it come to that.

Message 126 of 155
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Personally I never liked Chase. HP CLI and set on stone for APR reduction and other silly rules that they like to enforce.

I can't say I'd shed many tears if the card left Chase.  AMEX would be great, for sure. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 127 of 155
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

I can't say I'd shed many tears if the card left Chase.  AMEX would be great, for sure. 

The more I think about it I'm starting to feel this way as well.

I'm likely maxed-out with Chase when it comes to exposure, while there's still some "meat on the bone" with Amex.  Basically, if it moved to Amex that might open up additional possibilities later on with Chase. (Lots of "ifs" there, but I'm trying to think ahead, haha.)

Since I only use the card on Amazon I'm rather indifferent to what network it runs on.

Message 128 of 155
unsungivy
Established Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

The only reason I'd prefer it not move to AmEx is the number of cards you can hold with them. I'm at 3, and don't really want to be shut out of future shuffling by my Amazon moving over to them.

I'd rather it stay just where it is, because I'd even less like to deal with a new processor (I don't want to be spread between more financial institutions than I already am... considering shutting down my Discover and USAA to whittle it down as is.)

SD - Biz -
Message 129 of 155
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@unsungivy wrote:

The only reason I'd prefer it not move to AmEx is the number of cards you can hold with them. I'm at 3, and don't really want to be shut out of future shuffling by my Amazon moving over to them.

The flip side of that is when AMEX acquired the Hilton portfolio even those who were already at their soft limit for AMEX revolvers still got migrated. A fair number of people ended up with 6 revolvers.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 130 of 155
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.