Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon to buy BJ's wholesale Club-

Very interesting! I heard it here first! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I for one would prefer such a service to cockamamie ideas such as delivering packages by drone as though they were Predator warheads and we were ISIS militants!

I agree with you. No drone delivery service for me! Too many things can go wrong. I prefer good old fashioned doorstep service from a human! What a concept!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 12 of 13
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

I think brick and mortar is definitely going to disappear if they don't figure out a way to survive with Walmart/Amazon/Ebay around. I think the only way to survive now is to just have demo stores where people could go in, try something on/something out, make a decision to buy it and then they can pick it up within 2-3 days from the same location or choose to have it mailed to them/delivered to them.

The stores would have be able to consolidate into smaller store fronts as well as possibly consolidate their fulfillment/distribution centers. There needs to be some way for a company to have manufacturing on demand. There's going to have to be a lot of money saving for a lot of places to survive the next 5-20 years and beyond. I am not happy that people will be losing their jobs left and right but I can't say that I'm not at least a little bit excited to see what the future holds for us in the brick and mortar world.

Personally I don't think Walmart is going anywhere. It's too convenient. And they were very smart to get into the grocery store only Neighborhood Markets. That's going to definitely force a lot of the grocery stores nearby to adapt or fade away. I am not sure what would happen if Amazon also had a Supercenter/Grocery storefront. It'll be interesting. A lot of people are all about things American made... Amazon could capitalize on that and I personally wouldn't mind paying $1.00 to $10.00 more for something. When private, local citizens/businesses prosper; so does the rest of the people in that community. 

This video is a pretty good one to watch: 

A farmer goes on 'Shark Tank'

Pretty inspirational guy and this idea saving that much water is crazy to think about.

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.