cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Airlines, Citi, Barclaycard US, and MasterCard Announce New Credit Card Agreements

tag
SMDLiquid
Regular Contributor

American Airlines, Citi, Barclaycard US, and MasterCard Announce New Credit Card Agreements

Looks like Barclaycard will be issuing new cards starting next year.

View this release online and get more information about American Airlines

Chase Freedom | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred AU | Amex EDP AU | Amex SPG | Citi Prestige | Citi AAdvantage Executive | AAdvantage Aviator Red |

FICO: Experian 821 | TransUnion 825 | Equifax 830 | Last App: 08/28/2017
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Airlines, Citi, Barclaycard US, and MasterCard Announce New Credit Card Agreements

Thanks for the post.  Very interesting news.  I bet Citi isn't too happy that Barclays will now have exclusive access to customers at the airport and in flight.  Does that also mean that Barclays won't be allowed to offer the card online?  Will the Barclays card still be the existing Aviator cards that many of us already have?  Guess we will find out in January.

Message 2 of 12
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: American Airlines, Citi, Barclaycard US, and MasterCard Announce New Credit Card Agreements

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the post.  Very interesting news.  I bet Citi isn't too happy that Barclays will now have exclusive access to customers at the airport and in flight.  Does that also mean that Barclays won't be allowed to offer the card online?  Will the Barclays card still be the existing Aviator cards that many of us already have?  Guess we will find out in January.

Because I want to apply for a credit card on the flight....lol Smiley Happy

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Because I want to apply for a credit card on the flight....lol Smiley Happy

It's not so much that  although people do apply in flight.  It's more being told about the card by flight attendants and taking the application with you.  For those that are unaware they may believe that Barclays is the only issuer of AA cards.  It is a big deal to these credit card companies and that's why they aim for being the only creditor that can do it during the flight.

Message 4 of 12
SMDLiquid
Regular Contributor

Is Barclaycard allowed to take online applications? Looks like Citibank has digital, direct mail, aa.com & admiral clubs.

Chase Freedom | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred AU | Amex EDP AU | Amex SPG | Citi Prestige | Citi AAdvantage Executive | AAdvantage Aviator Red |

FICO: Experian 821 | TransUnion 825 | Equifax 830 | Last App: 08/28/2017
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SMDLiquid wrote:

Is Barclaycard allowed to take online applications? Looks like Citibank has digital, direct mail, aa.com & admiral clubs.

That will be interesting to find out.

Message 6 of 12
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SMDLiquid wrote:

That will be interesting to find out.

Yes it will be interesting to find out what Barclays will be offering.  I will be monitoring this thread for any updates. 

Message 7 of 12
Cory
Established Contributor

Oh Wow!

Let the fierce competition games between Citi and Barclays begin! I wonder what impact this will have on Citi ever having AA as a transfer partner?! This will put a little more "heat" on Citi to further innovate and stay on top as the "historical" primary card issuer! This will be an interesting development for sure!

Message 8 of 12
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

I'll have to make a mental written note on this topic. I may forget by the time next year comes around.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 9 of 12
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Vegas4Play wrote:

I'll have to make a mental written note on this topic. I may forget by the time next year comes around.

You won't forget, the forum members will be all over this like flies on s#!%!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.