cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express and Nova Credit to Help Extend Credit to More Newcomers to the U.S.

tag
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

American Express and Nova Credit to Help Extend Credit to More Newcomers to the U.S.

American Express has teamed up with Nova Credit , a cross-border credit reporting startup, on a first-of-its-kind digital capability that offers prospective Card Members the ability to share their international credit reports with American Express when applying for an American Express U.S. Personal Card. At this time, the feature can access credit reports from Australia, Canada, India, Mexico and the United Kingdom, and will be made available in more countries over time.

Press Release

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express and Nova Credit to Help Extend Credit to More Newcomers to the U.S.

@RicHowe wrote:

American Express has teamed up with Nova Credit , a cross-border credit reporting startup, on a first-of-its-kind digital capability that offers prospective Card Members the ability to share their international credit reports with American Express when applying for an American Express U.S. Personal Card. At this time, the feature can access credit reports from Australia, Canada, India, Mexico and the United Kingdom, and will be made available in more countries over time.

Press Release

That's the spirit Amex! Get 'em in debt before they pass go! The good ol' American way.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express and Nova Credit to Help Extend Credit to More Newcomers to the U.S.

@RicHowe 

I wonder if that works the other way too, there is an Amex offered in Austailia i would like to have..   

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was my thought as well. Would mkae it a little easier to get Foriegn counterpart if a poerson had to live abroad for a spell. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@RicHowe 

I wonder if that works the other way too, there is an Amex offered in Austailia i would like to have..   

https://www.americanexpress.com/au/

Message 4 of 10
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's exactly what Amex Global Transfer already is... using your US account history with Amex when applying outside the country.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/customer-service/global-card-relationship/

That has been offered for a long time - what's new here is offering US cards based on non-US reports.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iv wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's exactly what Amex Global Transfer already is... using your US account history with Amex when applying outside the country.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/customer-service/global-card-relationship/

That has been offered for a long time - what's new here is offering US cards based on non-US reports.

That is cool.    I didn't move, just wanted that card for when i do get to go over there..   pipe dreams atm Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's interesting though, at least in Japan, is that they only offer AF products for Global Membership. So it appears I'd be sol if i wanted to use a BCE/ED counterpart. Also seems that you haev to "apply" for them, not "transfer" the account?

Message 7 of 10
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Also seems that you have to "apply" for them, not "transfer" the account?

Yes, your existing account is retained, not transfered.

Even though it's called "Transfer", it is an application for the 2nd-country card, using your existing Amex account history instead of (or in addition to) a credit history in the target country.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 8 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

That was my thought as well. Would mkae it a little easier to get Foriegn counterpart if a poerson had to live abroad for a spell. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@RicHowe 

https://www.americanexpress.com/au/

Anyone else read this website in the voice of the crocodile hunter?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which one, Mick Dundee or Steve Irwin?

However, I do say crikey in a possibly bad accent at least once a day!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.