cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else seeing their credit scores getting messed up after signing up for protection?

tag
coinop

Anyone else seeing their credit scores getting messed up after signing up for protection?

The day after signing up for the online protection, I started getting warnings from credit karma, credit.com, and quizzle that my score nosedived.  I lost 61 points overnight.  No changes to accounts and my previous info was only 2 days old.  Then Transunion score went back up about 45 points the next day.  Equifax stayed down.  Both lost the same amount at the same time.  Now today, transunion has lost the gain and is now back down the total of 61 points.  Are their systems reacting to my signing up for protection?  This up and down 3 times in 3 days really shows what an epic failure their systems are. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone else seeing their credit scores getting messed up after signing up for protection?

@coinop wrote:

The day after signing up for the online protection, I started getting warnings from credit karma, credit.com, and quizzle that my score nosedived.  I lost 61 points overnight.  No changes to accounts and my previous info was only 2 days old.  Then Transunion score went back up about 45 points the next day.  Equifax stayed down.  Both lost the same amount at the same time.  Now today, transunion has lost the gain and is now back down the total of 61 points.  Are their systems reacting to my signing up for protection?  This up and down 3 times in 3 days really shows what an epic failure their systems are. 

I've continued to monitor my score no issues after signing up for protection from TrustedID everything is normal only drop was from my recent INQ's and the drop was 3-4 points.

Message 2 of 4
coinop

Re: Anyone else seeing their credit scores getting messed up after signing up for protection?

Crazy stuff.  Its weird.  It drops 1 day, back almost to where it was the next, then drops again exactly to where it was the previous day.  Same with equifax dropping to the same score.  Very odd.  Thanks for your response.  Ill keep digging.  I dont see any new request, no new accounts, usage is under 20%, etc... I wonder what it could be. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problems whatsoever here, have you checked your FICO side to see if you're seeing the same fluctuations?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.