Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Ends Barclays Credit-Card Partnership Ahead of New Devices

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

Apple Ends Barclays Credit-Card Partnership Ahead of New Devices

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-ends-barclays-credit-card-150011303.html

"Customers will no longer have the option to apply for the credit card in retail stores or via the company’s website starting Tuesday, the Cupertino, California-based technology giant told retail employees in a memo. Apple will be announcing its plans for two new Apple Watch models and a new iPad Air on Tuesday. Apple told staff that existing cardholders can keeping using the card as a normal credit card."

Let's hope that the last sentence is true. I'd hate to lose a CL. I don't use it, but it's a little extra util cushion and I'd hate to have wasted a "new acct" ding for nothing.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Ends Barclays Credit-Card Partnership Ahead of New Devices

Good read.

Message 2 of 11
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@cr101 wrote:

"Customers will no longer have the option to apply for the credit card in retail stores or via the company’s website starting Tuesday, the Cupertino, California-based technology giant told retail employees in a memo. Apple will be announcing its plans for two new Apple Watch models and a new iPad Air on Tuesday. Apple told staff that existing cardholders can keeping using the card as a normal credit card."

Let's hope that the last sentence is true. I'd hate to lose a CL. I don't use it, but it's a little extra util cushion and I'd hate to have wasted a "new acct" ding for nothing.

I have been waiting...

I would love to have been a bee on the wall in the meeting where Barclays declined Apple's agreement for the Apple Card. Well, they might not even have been told about it, which would be a much larger STING!

Message 3 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Thanks for postingSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

Should've cut ties many years ago. Barclays has been a joke of a card issuer on the U.S side for many years... Constantly bringing out cards, editing them, yanking them, and then bringing them back out again. Hopefully JetBlue comes to their senses soon and gets an agreement with Chase or Citi to issue cards. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called this while the Apple Card was still a rumor. Amazed it took them this long. 

Message 6 of 11
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

So for those of us who already have the card, while we still be able to get special financing on Apple purchases, or is that going away too?

Message 7 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@VPExecutive wrote:

Should've cut ties many years ago. Barclays has been a joke of a card issuer on the U.S side for many years... Constantly bringing out cards, editing them, yanking them, and then bringing them back out again. Hopefully JetBlue comes to their senses soon and gets an agreement with Chase or Citi to issue cards. 

Jet Blue was with Amex when I got the Jet Blue card.  Some time later, the card switched over to Barclays.

Then one day Barclays closed all 3 of my Barclays cards, with no coherent reason given.

I love Jet Blue and would never have voluntarily closed that card. Barclays erected a wall between me and my favorite airline.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 8 of 11
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Apple wouldn't have had the success of AppleCard if it was Barclays.@TheFIGuy wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

I have been waiting...

I would love to have been a bee on the wall in the meeting where Barclays declined Apple's agreement for the Apple Card. Well, they might not even have been told about it, which would be a much larger STING!

Message 9 of 11
cr101
Established Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

So for those of us who already have the card, while we still be able to get special financing on Apple purchases, or is that going away too?

I don't believe so. One part of the article says that you can use the card like a normal credit card and another part of the article says that Apple will direct consumers to their Apple card that has installment payment plans.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.