Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Apple Card is now available to everyone in the US

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Apple Card Details Leaked

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Not looking, not looking, not loooooooking...... 

Lol the appeal of this card is so great....temptation rising.....Can’t. Leave. Garden....No. New. Cards......HELP 

Seriously, though, I do wonder when this card is coming out. Apple seems like it’s trying to build up as much suspense as it can before launching it. 

The final beta of iOS 12.4 was seeded to developers yesterday. Assuming the release passes without too many issues, it will launch in July and then Apple will have the software component out, I imagine late July or early August for the actual card launch. 

Message 31 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this card will be a great line up for people that spend income with Apple. But really how many times do you actually buy things from the Apple Store. Chase has a pretty good sign up bonus right now. I just am a huge fan of Goldman Sachs. Great bank, and they are steping into a new era. 

Message 32 of 192
tedb
New Contributor

This card is tempting me as well. I'm trying to stay in the garden....trying....trying very hard...

Message 33 of 192
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Don't do it... stay in the garden!!! As if I am the one to talk... LoL   Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 34 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's more of an accesory than anything else but that's worked for them before

Message 35 of 192
kdm31091
Super Contributor

For anyone maximizing rewards this card is average at best, but I'm sure it will be popular with the Apple crowd. That said, it definitely locks you into the Apple ecosystem. As far as I can tell, if you decide to switch phones (i.e. Android) you wouldn't be able to use the card anymore (or at least you'd get no benefit from it), which is pretty crazy although smart on Apple's part I guess.

I'll pass as the 3% on Apple purchases wouldn't amount to much for me with occasional $1-2 iTunes purchases, and the 2/1% is meaningless with 2% everything cards, although it is nice you get it credit daily. I don't like that you are required to use Apple Pay just to get the 2% and are punished (1% reward) for using the physical card that they bothered making so fancy looking.

Message 36 of 192
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

For anyone maximizing rewards this card is average at best, but I'm sure it will be popular with the Apple crowd. That said, it definitely locks you into the Apple ecosystem. As far as I can tell, if you decide to switch phones (i.e. Android) you wouldn't be able to use the card anymore (or at least you'd get no benefit from it), which is pretty crazy although smart on Apple's part I guess.

I'll pass as the 3% on Apple purchases wouldn't amount to much for me with occasional $1-2 iTunes purchases, and the 2/1% is meaningless with 2% everything cards, although it is nice you get it credit daily. I don't like that you are required to use Apple Pay just to get the 2% and are punished (1% reward) for using the physical card that they bothered making so fancy looking.

Apple crowd here. The temptation is going to be REAL once this card comes out. I’m a full-on Apple groupie, and I won’t EVER switch to Android. (I tried that once. Never again.) 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 37 of 192
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Yeah, same here... Apple for the foreseeable future!!!   Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 38 of 192
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Well, 12.4 came out today. How long until it’s released I wonder.....

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 39 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I’m most interested in what does the UW looks like. Are they going for exclusive, or try to get it in as many hands as possible. I can’t imagine Goldman wanting to take on risky profiles.

Message 40 of 192
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.