Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Apple Card is now available to everyone in the US

tag
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

Re: Apple Card

@wingennis wrote:

I don't have any intention of applying for this card but I"m curious about it and also need to kill credit time before I can app for the AR.  I wonder which credit bureau GS will use?  I read that they are going to have an AMEX-type plan it feature.  Probably not a bad card for new, college-age users?

If the comments on this thread at MacRumors are correct, then they pull Transunion.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 61 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought they would. Most of the threads here and other places for Goldman Sach “Marcus” personal loans says they pulled TU.

https://www.goldmansachs.com/terms-and-conditions/Apple-Card-Customer-Agreement.pdf

Message 62 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, per The Verge, cash advances and jailbreaking aren't allowed. Not that most people would do the former if they can avoid it at all, but I don't think I've seen that sort of restriction (outside of corporate cards issued by employers) before. Would GS actively decline all attempted cash advances, or would it just be something they can close your account for later?

Message 63 of 192
firefox100
Valued Contributor

is downer.

Message 64 of 192
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Hi again I just read apple card agreement and called GS on the phone. This card is not that great. You can not get cash advance or use accont to fund Apple cash card or send money to any other person. Last march when apple said ther would be no cash advance fees I could not believe that would be true. what Bs card .

Message 65 of 192
Clockworkz
New Contributor

Does anyone know what will become of us with barclaycard’s with Apple rewards? Will they be canceling the cards or transitioning them over to different types of cards?

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 750

Message 66 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Barclaycard is still available but as of two days ago they eliminated all the rewards except special financing for purchases made directly from Apple.

I asked them about product changing and they said no. But I don’t know what that means yet. I don’t know if it means they don’t product change at all or they don’t let you product change this card. Seems like a bad business decision but what do I know. I think they should let people product change to something else. Large purchases don’t happen that often so what is the incentive to use the card day to day.
Message 67 of 192
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

Apple card terms are out...

https://www.goldmansachs.com/terms-and-conditions/Apple-Card-Customer-Agreement.pdf

is it just me or is this way too much hype over a mediocre card?

Message 68 of 192
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Apple cards terms are out...

Too much hype over, what to us is, a mediocre card. This isn't a card aimed at our demographic, and it will be popular for those that qualify for it. 🤷

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 69 of 192
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Apple cards terms are out...

The card is mediocre and I don’t get why they made the physical card so fancy yet you only get 1 percent for actually using it.

Nevertheless, apple fans will eat it up. Reward maximizers not so much.
Message 70 of 192
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.