Did you mean: 

Update: Apple Card is now available to everyone in the US

tag
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple cards terms are out...

@CreditInspired wrote:

@BallBounces wrote:

I have to admit, I am surprised at the MyFico disdain - almost venom- toward this credit card. 

Although it is not the best rewards card, it is not trying to be.

For a no annual fee card that is not even released, it sure is getting a lot of criticism.   I welcome new products in the credit market, and think it has the chance to be succesful.  It also has a chance to provide some lessons learned, mature, change.

On a personal note, I am glad that as a person with marginal credit, it may provide value to me as I rebuild my credit profile.   

Are we reading the same posts? I didn't see that much disdain. I'll go back and check; it's possible I missed something.

Oh.  There are quite a few.  Yours wasn't one of them!   To each their own, for sure.

-- signed,
Much older than a millenial and have owned one iPhone but still think this is a net positive credit offering.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 101 of 192
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

@BallBounces wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@BallBounces wrote:

I have to admit, I am surprised at the MyFico disdain - almost venom- toward this credit card. 

For a no annual fee card that is not even released, it sure is getting a lot of criticism.   I welcome new products in the credit market, and think it has the chance to be succesful.  It also has a chance to provide some lessons learned, mature, change.

On a personal note, I am glad that as a person with marginal credit, it may provide value to me as I rebuild my credit profile.   

Are we reading the same posts? I didn't see that much disdain. I'll go back and check; it's possible I missed something.

Oh.  There are quite a few.  Yours wasn't one of them!   To each their own, for sure.

-- signed,
Much older than a millenial and have owned one iPhone but still think this is a net positive credit offering.

Ill admitt i jumped on the make fun of apple train. Though ill agree with you new products are always nice. In the 3 years that ive had credit I cant really think of many major bank cards that have come out besides petal and marvel. Though whether petal is a "major" card is kinda debatable. Hopefully some more new cards can come out in the next year. On a side note congrats on being super close to your 670 on all three goal!

Affinity Cash Rewards: 15,000
Amex BCP: 30,000
Amex Platinum
BCU Cash Rewards: 18,000
Discover it: 14,700
TJX Mastercard: 2,500
Venmo: 10,000
>>23k student loan-payed off
Ficos 8's ~790
Inq: EX:1 EQ:1 TU:1
Message 102 of 192
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Thanks @Wrigley2172 !

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 103 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BallBounces wrote:

Apple is always highly polarizing. People either love Apple or they hate Apple. It’s only natural for that to extend to any product by them. 

Message 104 of 192
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BallBounces wrote:

Apple is always highly polarizing. People either love Apple or they hate Apple. It’s only natural for that to extend to any product by them. 

Some truth to that I suppose!   I guess that's why I have the reaction I have to this product:  I don't love or hate Apple.

050719:     
021924:     

Message 105 of 192
blindambition
Senior Contributor

While Apple generally produces quality hardware, software and services can be hit or miss. We’ll see! People will fall over themselves to have this average card that guarantees being locked into the Apple ecosystem.

You have a phone update coming in a month. No financing option at launch is a little mind boggling.

Message 106 of 192
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

While Apple generally produces quality hardware, software and services can be hit or miss. We’ll see! People will fall over themselves to have this average card that guarantees being locked into the Apple ecosystem.

You have a phone update coming in a month. No financing option at launch is a little mind boggling.

No more "locked" in than any other card, right?  Or maybe I am not understanding what you mean.  You have a need to pay:  You can use the Apple Card, any other physical card, or any other card added to your Apple wallet.  Not sure where you are "locked in" as a consumer.  (I do see how Apple could be seen as locking in only a subset of a larger credit market, but that is nothing new for them).

I wonder if the roll out will prioritize those who already have cards in their wallet, or already have signed up for Apple Cash.  

050719:     
021924:     

Message 107 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BallBounces wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

No more "locked" in than any other card, right?  Or maybe I am not understanding what you mean.  You have a need to pay:  You can use the Apple Card, any other physical card, or any other card added to your Apple wallet.  Not sure where you are "locked in" as a consumer.  (I do see how Apple could be seen as locking in only a subset of a larger credit market, but that is nothing new for them).

I wonder if the roll out will prioritize those who already have cards in their wallet, or already have signed up for Apple Cash.  

You’re locked in since you need an iPhone or iPad to apply for and manage an Apple Card. 

Message 108 of 192
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't hate Apple by any means, but I don't exactly love their CC.

I love iTunes, but am annoyed every time they try to get me to sign up for Apple Music. Apologies, but I want to own my purchases...

Once I get my inq down, and age my new accounts. Who knows this may be something I want in the future, it's judt not special enough to fit into the limited slots for CC apps I have ATM.

Message 109 of 192
EW800
Valued Contributor

Anyone care to guess/speculate what the starting CL’s might look like? I am really curious if they will be fairly generous or if they will be tight.
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 110 of 192
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.