tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus
Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BB&T and SunTrust Merging 6 largest bank

Thanks for posting this. I had heard some rumors a while ago about this deal possibly materializing so that's pretty interesting that it finally did.
Message 2 of 53
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Having CCs with both. I wonder how that's going to play out?
Message 3 of 53
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Very good question. I don't have SunTrust, just BB&T. I had wondered about them last year, but since EQ got the "splits" I might hold off since it'll end up back in the same or newly combined bank.
Message 4 of 53
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Just received the email for Suntrust. They're moving fast on this one!

Suntrust email.png

Message 5 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a BB&T account for years.  I opened a SunTrust account last month - not realizing that the merger was in place! Now I'm curious how things will play out as having multiple accounts will obviously be redundant.  Also curious as to whether or not  I should apply for the SunTrust Cash Rewards Mastercard - ironically I was planning on applying for this in 1Q 2020, but with the merger in 4Q 2019 and already having a BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards, I may have to look at alternate options.

Message 6 of 53
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Just logged in to check stuff on SunTrust and here was this window pop up. Interesting. Yeah I wonder the cards will work now. Have both ST Cash Rewards and BB&T Spectrum. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Message 7 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, they also said that they are going to have new headquarters and a new brand yet to be revealed, watching how they manage the brand name change will be interesting, and more with two banks like that.
Message 8 of 53
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 wrote:

Suntrust email.png

They sure seem to be.  It's all splashed on the BB&T site and whatnot.  Let's see...I'm wondering what kind of new brand they will adopt....hmmmmm.  Well, it's nice to know that currently both of them have "Trust" as part of their name LOL.  I have 3 BB&T CCs at the moment so I'm wondering if going for SunTrust before the full merger is even worthwhile Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 53
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Suntrust email.png

They sure seem to be.  It's all splashed on the BB&T site and whatnot.  Let's see...I'm wondering what kind of new brand they will adopt....hmmmmm.  Well, it's nice to know that currently both of them have "Trust" as part of their name LOL.  I have 3 BB&T CCs at the moment so I'm wondering if going for SunTrust before the full merger is even worthwhile Smiley Very Happy

ROTFLMAO! I always put faith in a bank. Mergers always go great. And I have some land for sale in the Everglades. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.