Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T and SunTrust Merging 6 largest bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BB&T and SunTrust Merging 6 largest bank

Must be the time of the year ... a few days ago TCF Bank headquartered in the Minneapolis MN area agreed to merge into Chemical Financial (old Chemical Bank) in Detroit MI. Good read ... thanks for the information!

Message 11 of 53
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

Suntrust & BBT Merger

Dear Valued Client,

We are excited to inform you that SunTrust has announced that it is combining in a merger-of-equals with BB&T to create one of the premier financial institutions in the country. This combination, built on our two companies' strengths and proud histories, will create the sixth-largest U.S. bank by deposits with top market share position in extremely attractive markets.

This highly complementary combination will enable us to create a distinctive client experience enhanced by increased capacity for investments in transformative technology. Together, we will be better positioned to serve you, delivering the best of both institutions’ talents, systems and processes.

Our two organizations share a purpose-driven culture that is driven by our community banking and client-first mentality. This shared view has powered our success for a combined 275 years and will continue to guide our combined company for centuries to come. We encourage you to visit our transaction website, thepremierfinancialinstitution.com, to learn more about why we believe this is such a compelling combination and how it benefits you.

The proposed merger is anticipated to close in the fourth quarter of 2019. Until then, it remains business as usual at SunTrust and you can continue to expect the same level of excellent service from the same points of contact on our team.

We value and appreciate your business and look forward to continuing our relationship well into the future.

Thank you for your continued support and loyalty.

Sincerely,

Bill Rogers
Chairman & CEO
Message 12 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Suntrust & BBT Merger

Does this affect those of us trying to settle a debt with Suntrust?  Do I now work with BBT?

Message 13 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does this affect those of us trying to settle a debt with Suntrust?  Do I now work with BBT?

The merger hasn't been finalized - it should be complete by the 4th quarter.  Until then you'll be working with SunTrust or its agent to settle any debts.

Message 14 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both of them have been planning on this merger for a long time. My area had both BBT and Suntrust Branches. Suntrust last year cut their number of branches down  to 1 per city (it's a small popultion county) and BBT Went from about 8 branches in the county to 2.   

Message 15 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  I'm wondering if this will help me with a settlement. Perhaps they want to wrap up many of these accounts before the merger.  

Message 16 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!  I'm wondering if this will help me with a settlement. Perhaps they want to wrap up many of these accounts before the merger.  

They will be motivated to move as much of their debts/collections favorably off the books before the merger finalizes.  Even if the merger weren't on the horizon, all things are negotiable.  Good luck to you!

Message 17 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone please tell me about B&BT. do they allow people to become joints on their credit cards? And what do you think of the banks? Should I?
Message 18 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

can you do experian boost with a bb&t account

Message 19 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I contacted them and I got an answer from the bank so I figure I’ll provide it for everyone’s benefit. Yes they do allow joint owners to be added. There is no HP or SP to do so. Furthermore, All CLIs are HP via EQ. This is all per a very friendly frontline CSR.
Message 20 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.