Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T and SunTrust Merging 6 largest bank

tag
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Re: BB&T and Sun Trust Bank Merger update mailer

"Truist"

What a dumb name. That may be almost as bad as New Mexico Teachers Credit Union becoming Nusenda or Lockheed FCU becoming Logix.

If I were a customer of either bank I would be closing accounts when Truist is finally rebranded. 

I wish it were just becoming Sun Bank or stay SunTrust and no more BB&T which was also dumb in my opinion LOL.

Message 41 of 53
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: BB&T and Sun Trust Bank Merger update mailer

@BearsCubsOtters wrote:

"Truist"

What a dumb name. That may be almost as bad as New Mexico Teachers Credit Union becoming Nusenda or Lockheed FCU becoming Logix.

If I were a customer of either bank I would be closing accounts when Truist is finally rebranded. 

I wish it were just becoming Sun Bank or stay SunTrust and no more BB&T which was also dumb in my opinion LOL.

Hahahahahahahahhahahaha!  Yeah, I was thinking all that too but wasn't gonna say it, lol!  "Truist" wthuh?  You recon they just stuck the "i" in the middle of Trust as a meaning?  Like, fo'git it....throw something up there on the board, if it sticks; it sticks.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 42 of 53
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

Suntrust & BB&T to Truist

Has anyone heard when Suntrust & BB&T will be 100% Truist and everything will be done with the merger?

Message 43 of 53
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

Re: Suntrust & BB&T to Truist

According to news reports, Covid is slowing the process. It should have taken place by Q1 2021, but it looks like it will be Q3 or Q4. 

They have to relinquish some buildings and synchronize software systems.

I just hope Truist has BB&T's mindset, with better card benefits.

Message 44 of 53
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

Re: Suntrust & BB&T to Truist

@Heatt99 wrote:

According to news reports, Covid is slowing the process. It should have taken place by Q1 2021, but it looks like it will be Q3 or Q4. 

They have to relinquish some buildings and synchronize software systems.

I just hope Truist has BB&T's mindset, with better card benefits.

Thanks, I hope it goes well. I don' like feeling like just a number even with credit unions.

Message 45 of 53
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

BBT & SunTrust

Has anyone heard when SunTrust and BB&T will be one bank? I have called and asked and they said years to go.

Message 46 of 53
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

BBT & SunTrust updated info

Just recieved an inbox from BB&T about them adding to their online banking, and switching to Truist. This includes what's best (adding external banking accounts).

I'm super excited because I want to see who's the boss within their credit card lending, and will they improve their card products to compete with top tier cards.

Message 47 of 53
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

BB&T & SunTrust Merger

Has anyone gotten any new updates on the merger of BB&T & SunTrust to Truist yet?

Message 48 of 53
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BB&T & SunTrust Merger

@Cory88 - reference posts upthread.  Also, for context, their websites indicate the following disclaimer:

BB&T and SunTrust are now Truist

Both institutions will continue to offer independent product lines for a period of time. This may include differing underwriting guidelines, product features, terms, fees and pricing.

Message 49 of 53
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: BB&T & SunTrust Merger

My BB&T inbox email says to look for another email soon with the Truist app link. 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 50 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.