cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banks Want Efficiency. Critics Warn of Backsliding.

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Banks Want Efficiency. Critics Warn of Backsliding.

"WASHINGTON — A decade after big banks needed government support to dig out of the financial crisis, the Federal Reserve is slowly, but steadily, making a series of regulatory changes that could chip away at new requirements put in place to prevent a repeat of the 2008 meltdown.

Some of the changes, seemingly incremental and technical on their own, could add up to a weakening of capital requirements installed in the wake of the crisis to prevent the largest banks from suffering the kind of destabilizing losses that imperiled the United States economy."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/20/business/bank-regulation-federal-reserve.html

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Banks Want Efficiency. Critics Warn of Backsliding.

Why is that when I start to have good credit, the economy sinks?! Last time this happened everyone went bankrupt, including me! This time I have great credit and am almost out of BK7 (year 9) and look what’s happening again!

Maybe I should consider my actions more and put less strain on the economy, eh? 😋
J/k

It’s just funny how this could all work out. Luckily it won’t be me going bankrupt due to stupidity again!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.