Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bass Pro buying Cabela's.. Credit card portfolio goes to Cap One

tag
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Bass Pro buying Cabela's.. Credit card portfolio goes to Cap One

... Saw this on the news this morning.. Well, I guess CapOne is better than Sychrony buying the CC division - since they seem a little bit more stable lately!

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bass Pro buying Cabela's.. Credit card portfolio goes to Cap One

Capital one is definitely picking it up?
Message 2 of 17
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

Yep.

From the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.

Capital One will take over running Cabela’s credit card unit as part of the deal, which is backed by $1.8 billion in financing from Goldman Sachs and another $600 million from private equity fund Pamplona Capital.

Amex CM 10K | Amex ED 10K | Amex BCE 7.5K | 5/3RD SU2C 10K | 5/3RD SU2C 6.5K | Barclays Cash 6K | Barclay AARP 3.5K | Bread AMEX 9K | Citizens Cash 8K | Citizens Clear 2K | Citi® DP 11.3K | Citi® Simplicity 9.4K | Citi® TY 6.5K | Citi® DC 4K | Citi CuC 3.4K | Cap One QS 14.6K | Cap One WM MC 11K | Discover It 19.5K | Discover Miles 13.5K | BOA Cash 13.2K | BOA 7K | US Bank State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank AMEX 22.5K | US Bank Plat 16.5K | US Bank Cash 11.2K | FNBO Rewards 20K | FNBO Evergreen 11.3K | Huntington Voice 7,750K | Huntington Voice Rewards 8.7K | PF|CP Rewards 8.2K | PF|CP Gold 3.2K | PNC Cash 15K | PNC Core 15K | PNC Points 8K | Fidelity 15K | Wells Active 12K | Wells Reflect 10K | Target MC 12.5K | TD Cash 4.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Synch Premier MC 11.6K | Ebay MC 10K | Apple Card 5.5K | Deserve Digital 6K | Simon AMEX 6K | Chase Amazon 1.5K | F8 Scores 4/23 EX789; TU781; EQ792.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder when that change will happen.
Message 4 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

That's interesting because isn't Bass Pro Credit Card with Bank of America right now?

Message 5 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

That's interesting because isn't Bass Pro Credit Card with Bank of America right now?

Ya strange as you would think they would of wanted the whole portfolio.. Maybe UW of cabella's wasn't up to bofa UW standards?  Or possibly it just went to the highest bidder

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks definite for CapOne. This is from Fortune Magazine this morning:

http://fortune.com/2016/10/03/cabelas-bass-pro-shops/?iid=leftrail

"Fishing and hunting equipment chain Cabela’s said it agreed to be bought by rival Bass Pro Shops in a deal valued at $5.5 billion...In connection with the deal, Cabela’s agreed to sell its credit card operations to Capital One Financial."

Message 7 of 17
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate this for all those World's Foremost Bank employees, as there's not a great deal of choices in their small communities to move on in a career. And you KNOW there will be layoffs for some Cabela's employees once they start eliminating some stores. Elliott is the new Wolf Of Wall Street. Sorry, I know it's just business, but I'll bet Cabela's wishes they'd employed other strategies than ever to have let go of the majority shares in the company. Perhaps selling off WFB themselves some years ago. They could be buying Bass Pro about now. Sad times and I feel for them, especially coming up on Thanksgiving and Christmas. There are few things worst in your home finances than to be worried if you'll have a job in the New Year. Spare a thought for these people and their families. End of an era.

Message 9 of 17
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.