Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bass Pro buying Cabela's.. Credit card portfolio goes to Cap One

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: Bass Pro buying Cabela's.. Credit card portfolio goes to Cap One

Guess I had better beat the crap out of Cabela's for a CLi before January.
I was just turned down for "Not enough experience at the current limit"
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:
Guess I had better beat the crap out of Cabela's for a CLi before January.
I was just turned down for "Not enough experience at the current limit"

Suggestion: Buy a little something each month until then: Xmas gifts, a mug, a shirt, a dog leash. Check out the "bargain area in back". Also, gas, household stuff, etc. Cabela's denied me twice during the 10 months I had it. Then I got my UT down to 7%, other large limits showing (mostly from gardening and SPs), my FICO went over 730 and boom $7k increase to $10k just over the weekend. I also rotate throughout my other cards, using just 2-3 for a quarter, PIF and move on to the next group.

That way, it shows I'm handling credit well and have a use for all the cards I have...except for that dang Abercrombie & Fitch! What the &*$% was I thinking a year ago, because their stuff is stupidly priced for not much value. But it was one of my first store cards. I struggle to use it and have only done so once in the year I've had it, but may buy a couple of things for gifts before Xmas again. Especially since they just finally rewarded me with a $200 CLI.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

New card to be called Capbelas. Or the CapPro card.

Kidding, not sure.

Message 13 of 17
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

image.jpg

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Didn't even occur to me to login to look for that until you posted it. Thanks! Does this mean after the merger, they'll still keep the Cabela's store branding? That is, sounds like they're not going to generically rebrand all stores as Bass Pro.

Message 15 of 17
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

....Until the merger is completed, in the first half of 2017....

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 16 of 17
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I'll be able to get a CLI hopefully by December, I'm $500 away from hitting silver on their tiers
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.