Trudy
Valued Contributor

Best Cash Back Bonus Card of 2019

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Cash Back Bonus Card of 2019

3% on ONE of 6 categories, you choose monthly.

The 3% choice category and the 2% fixed grocery/wholesale share a COMBINED quarterly limit of $2,500 in purchases.

It's... ok? Not sure it deserves a "Best" description. I don't use mine all that much... there's usually a better option.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 2 of 5
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Did I read wrong, not 3% on several categories every month?  Overall I can't argue.  I have 4% on dining/entertainment on my Savor and only a max of 2% for gas and groceries with other cards. I appreciate rewards that I can use in my normal spending pattern but after getting out of credit card debt and improving my scores I'm not big on using much credit to work rewards or SUB.  Which is probably why I can't get high SL or CLI regardless of scores and report data.  But I respect those that do....get all that you can! 

Reward cards seem to be a big thing on the forums along with SUB.  Ran across this article today and thought I'd share.   However, good to know your thoughts as a card holder.  

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is an interesting read! It will be interesting to see what the competition does in the future.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the Fifth Third Trio may actually be a better fit for those who stay in serving areas. I was looking for a good cash back and was going back and forth between the two. I just received a targeted offer of $150 for $500 spend. It has weak cell protection but some other MC benefits like double warranty.

https://www.53.com/content/fifth-third/en/personal-banking/bank/credit-cards/trio.html
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.