Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bilt card adds gas temporarily, “Rent Day”

tag
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

Bilt card adds gas temporarily, “Rent Day”

https://www.businessinsider.com/personal-finance/bilt-mastercard-limited-time-offer-bonus-points-gas...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bilt-rewards-reinvents-rent-day-120000577.html

Having a card that's 6x dining/4x travel/3x gas/2x everything that's transferable to Hyatt/United/American will be nice on October 1st, I guess. They do seem to be adding value to the card regularly.

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 15k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Fredom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | AMEX Delta Gold 3k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
James3
Contributor

Re: Bilt card adds gas temporarily, “Rent Day”

I got this card for the ability to get World of Hyatt points from rent payments. I'm not currently traveling much, and I don't drive, but if I wanted to up my points in a hurry, I might save a big purchase until the first of the month. It is nice that value is being added to this card.

FNBO Evergreen
GM Copper Card
Wells Fargo Signature
Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards
Citi Double Cash
Wells Fargo BILT
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hoping I can get it when I app on the 18th in time for rent on Nov 1st 🙏 How long did it take for the card to arrive for you guys @notmyrealname23 @James3  have one more ex hp on the 20th last yr, should I app on the 21st..lol

Message 3 of 5
James3
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hoping I can get it when I app on the 18th in time for rent on Nov 1st 🙏 How long did it take for the card to arrive for you guys @notmyrealname23 @James3  have one more ex hp on the 20th last yr, should I app on the 21st..lol

I applied for the card late on a Thursday night (9/22) and received the card in the mail the following Monday (9/26). The box it came in has USPS first class postage. I don't know how you're planning to pay, but I noticed that when I paid by ACH that the payment didn't show at all in the Bilt app or online for 3 or 4 days. Wells Fargo and Bilt both told me it could take up to 5 business days to process when I asked.

Edit to add that my rent was considered 'paid' on the day I submitted payment, but that I didn't see any rent charges on the card right away, not even a pending transaction.

FNBO Evergreen
GM Copper Card
Wells Fargo Signature
Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards
Citi Double Cash
Wells Fargo BILT
Message 4 of 5
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

My card is the OG Evolve Bank card, one of the last ones issued before they went to Wells Fargo, so don't know if my data point (like 5 days or so?) is useful.

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 15k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Fredom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | AMEX Delta Gold 3k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.