Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost by Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boost by Experian

Good Day everyone,

I have read that Experian is implementing a new stragedy to aid in boosting the credit score of those that might have a good payment history but a thin file with them.  It is to be implemented early 2019, anyone have any further information on how this will impact say someone like me, that pays alot of my bills through my checking account, has a thin file, and a Fico of 684 with experian.  I signed up for the alert when the program begins and will link my accounts as they are recommending for the boost, just wondering if anyone had an estimate as to how much one is to anticipate a boost in score.  Thx

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Boost by Experian

Where did you find out about the program? I have an Experian account and didn't get any emails about this and just googled and nada. Would love to participate as well. Thanks. 

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, I have an experian account also and it allowed me to pre-register for the boost program. Try 

experian.com/boost and log in...

Message 3 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah looks like anyone can do it, the actual link:

https://www.experian.com/consumer-products/credit-score.html

Basically it's integrating the non-traditional data, I don't know how that factors into FICO 8 or anything else as I thought there were separate scoring options for that (a la FICO XD) but ultimately I know I don't want yet more data on my credit report personally, or it to factor into my score.  There's enough to keep track off just on the known variables.

        
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, I have seen this. Thanks. I am also not interested in giving up more data points. Interesting, nonetheless. Hope it works well for you OP.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The invites for the beta have gone out for the Experian Credit boost program.
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi iOnestone, how is Experian deciding who gets an invite or not, I signed up months ago, and I am seeing posts of those that have received invites and I am a current Experian member... Smiley Indifferent

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I honestly think it's just like any other beta, and they are rolling it out to different groups until they're full. So you'll likely get an invite in the next couple weeks
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just switched plans from Experian CreditWorks Premium to Experian CreditWorks Plus at $14.99 monthly, but I've been seeing the Experian Boost Beta link for a while now. I just clicked it tonight and took a screenshot.

Is the Boost link showing up for everyone, or just for people with thin files like me? (2 cards, oldest account 1yr 3mos)

Experian Boost Beta link on March 6, 2019.

Message 9 of 21
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

I tried Experian Boost and my score didn't change. They were able to import my payment history for two utilities: Gas/electric and water.

Experian says that even though my score didn't immediately see a boost, it helps to add two new payment accounts to my file. My file will be thicker with accounts that are paid on time, and that's bound to be helpful eventually...

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.