cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost by Experian

Established Member

Boost by Experian

Good Day everyone,

I have read that Experian is implementing a new stragedy to aid in boosting the credit score of those that might have a good payment history but a thin file with them.  It is to be implemented early 2019, anyone have any further information on how this will impact say someone like me, that pays alot of my bills through my checking account, has a thin file, and a Fico of 684 with experian.  I signed up for the alert when the program begins and will link my accounts as they are recommending for the boost, just wondering if anyone had an estimate as to how much one is to anticipate a boost in score.  Thx

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES
Contributor

Re: Boost by Experian

Where did you find out about the program? I have an Experian account and didn't get any emails about this and just googled and nada. Would love to participate as well. Thanks. 

Current Fico:
As of 4/2/18:

Message 2 of 5
Established Member

Hi there, I have an experian account also and it allowed me to pre-register for the boost program. Try 

experian.com/boost and log in...

Message 3 of 5
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah looks like anyone can do it, the actual link:

https://www.experian.com/consumer-products/credit-score.html

Basically it's integrating the non-traditional data, I don't know how that factors into FICO 8 or anything else as I thought there were separate scoring options for that (a la FICO XD) but ultimately I know I don't want yet more data on my credit report personally, or it to factor into my score.  There's enough to keep track off just on the known variables.

        
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Oh, I have seen this. Thanks. I am also not interested in giving up more data points. Interesting, nonetheless. Hope it works well for you OP.

Current Fico:
As of 4/2/18:

Message 5 of 5