Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CFPB: Santander Must Pay $4.75 Million For Credit Reporting Violations

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

CFPB: Santander Must Pay $4.75 Million For Credit Reporting Violations

Santander Consumer USA was ordered to pay $4.7 million to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) for violating the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the CFPB said in a press release.

https://www.pymnts.com/news/cfpb/2020/cfpb-santander-must-pay-4-million-credit-reporting-violations/...

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: CFPB: Santander Must Pay $4.75 Million For Credit Reporting Violations

That doesn't hurt as much as the multi SAg and states lawsuit, but certainly well deserved. Thanks for posting. Hadn't seen that yet.

Message 2 of 10
peter1974
Regular Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

That doesn't hurt as much as the multi SAg and states lawsuit, but certainly well deserved. Thanks for posting. Hadn't seen that yet.

How do we know if we were impacted by this?

Message 3 of 10
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

They just can not seem to stay out of the news.  It is greed! and bad business.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Everyone that has used Santander probably has been impacted in one way or another, whether knowing or not knowing. Even if the record was steller, I am sure they did something. And Santander is not the only ones.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 10
peter1974
Regular Contributor

@tricie17 wrote:

Everyone that has used Santander probably has been impacted in one way or another, whether knowing or not knowing. Even if the record was steller, I am sure they did something. And Santander is not the only ones.

I wonder if we can use this as leverage to get them removed from our reports.

Message 6 of 10
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Hi @Peter1974  You might find stuff about your state in this thread. @peter1974 wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

There's links to news articles about lawsuit throughout thread. I'd do a google search with Santander and your state, or search the database of your State Attorney General website.

Message 7 of 10
peter1974
Regular Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

Hi @Peter1974  You might find stuff about your state in this thread. @peter1974 wrote:

@blindambition wrote:

There's links to news articles about lawsuit throughout thread. I'd do a google search with Santander and your state, or search the database of your State Attorney General website.

Yes I've been in that thread and unfortunately my state wasn't part of that lawsuit. But this FCRA violation is a different thing and not isolated to certain states.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very true (unfortunately)... 😒

Message 9 of 10
edwardw818

I knew it... I heard bad things about Santander. Karma!

Starting (May 2016):
Dec 2022: (Boosted)
Goal: 750 or better FICO across the board, buying a house with lowest possible interest... Maybe AmEx Centurion? J/K

Current (in order of limit):

Former:
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.