Did you mean: 

CITI BANK to offer FICO Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CITI BANK to offer FICO Scores

TOTAL RETURNS Reporter By AnnaMaria Andriotis 2:38 pm ET Oct 17, 2014       

CITI BANK

Millions of Consumers to Gain Access to Credit Scores. Citigroup, the fourth-largest credit-card lender by purchase volume in the U.S., is partnering with Fair Isaac Co., the provider of the credit score most widely used by lenders, to provide its customers with their FICO score beginning in January. Consumers with Citi-branded credit cards will be able to see the FICO score that Citi has for them—and that it uses to make lending decisions—on their online accounts.

Citi is the largest credit-card issuer so far to join a program that Fair Isaac, often called FICO, launched last year. Participating lenders agree to provide the exact FICO score they have on their customers. Prior to this program, consumers weren’t able to view those scores, unless they were denied for a mortgage.

Message 1 of 278
277 REPLIES 277
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: CITI BANK to offer FICO Scores

Thanks for posting this, I had not seen it yet. I wonder if "citi-sourced" cards like Home Depot or Exxon/Mobile will be included.

Message 2 of 278
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

So this seems to be the norm now a days and everyone will likely join the wagon. I doubt anyone wants to be that company thats doesnt provide their customers a score.  That said, I now have to wonder how this might change the face of credit score monitoring.  Will people be less likely to subscribe to a monitoring service?   The ever so elusive credit score becomes more and more exposed.  I love it.

Yes, thanks for posting.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 3 of 278
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Do we know what CRA it's going to pull? Another TU 08 or maybe something useful like EQ 08 since that's what Citi likes to pull for applications.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 4 of 278
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

TOTAL RETURNS Reporter By AnnaMaria Andriotis 2:38 pm ET Oct 17, 2014       

CITI BANK

Millions of Consumers to Gain Access to Credit Scores. Citigroup, the fourth-largest credit-card lender by purchase volume in the U.S., is partnering with Fair Isaac Co., the provider of the credit score most widely used by lenders, to provide its customers with their FICO score beginning in January. Consumers with Citi-branded credit cards will be able to see the FICO score that Citi has for them—and that it uses to make lending decisions—on their online accounts.

Citi is the largest credit-card issuer so far to join a program that Fair Isaac, often called FICO, launched last year. Participating lenders agree to provide the exact FICO score they have on their customers. Prior to this program, consumers weren’t able to view those scores, unless they were denied for a mortgage.

Thank you for letting us know here  Smiley Happy , Too bad CITI has Declined me 4 times already and each time i called to Recon had NO luck...Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 278
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi partnering with FICO to offer FREE credit scores to consumers

''Beginning in January Citi, in partnership with FICO, will be making free credit scores available online to consumers with Citi branded credit cards —this score will be updated monthly and is the same score Citi Cards uses in lending decisions.'' - October 17, 2014

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/10/17/fact-sheet-safeguarding-consumers-financial-se... 

Millions of consumers are about to gain access to their credit scores.

''Citigroup, the fourth-largest credit-card lender by purchase volume in the U.S., is partnering with Fair Isaac Co., the provider of the credit score most widely used by lenders, to provide its customers with their FICO score beginning in January.'' 

http://blogs.wsj.com/totalreturn/2014/10/17/millions-of-consumers-to-gain-access-to-credit-scores/

Message 6 of 278
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Citi partnering with FICO to offer FREE credit scores to consumers

@Anonymous wrote:

i thought i read somewhere that Citi going to offer free credit scores too.  ''Beginning in January Citi, in partnership with FICO, will be making free credit scores available online to consumers with Citi branded credit cards —this score will be updated monthly and is the same score Citi Cards uses in lending decisions.'' - October 17, 2014

• This announcement builds on work done by institutions like Discover, Barclaycard, Pentagon Federal Credit Union, and First National Bank of Omaha who, since implementing similar systems, have provided over 70 million Americans with access to their scores to track their credit health.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/10/17/fact-sheet-safeguarding-consumers-financial-security

Wonder which score!  Penfed offers FICO NextGen, which is pretty useless except it is the one they use internally.

Message 7 of 278
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i thought i read somewhere that Citi going to offer free credit scores too.  ''Beginning in January Citi, in partnership with FICO, will be making free credit scores available online to consumers with Citi branded credit cards —this score will be updated monthly and is the same score Citi Cards uses in lending decisions.'' - October 17, 2014

• This announcement builds on work done by institutions like Discover, Barclaycard, Pentagon Federal Credit Union, and First National Bank of Omaha who, since implementing similar systems, have provided over 70 million Americans with access to their scores to track their credit health.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/10/17/fact-sheet-safeguarding-consumers-financial-security

Wonder which score!  Penfed offers FICO NextGen, which is pretty useless except it is the one they use internally.

i believe its the current Experian FICO uses. 

Message 8 of 278
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay
Message 9 of 278
SpendWisely
Valued Member

Woohoo!

Message 10 of 278
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.