Did you mean: 

CITI BANK to offer FICO Scores

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: CITI BANK to offer FICO Scores

@CreditPlay wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

Geez...  Getting an EX score is like pulling teeth.  Still, I currently only have access to EQ04 via DCU so if it's an EQ08 score that would still be nice.  Maybe Someone who will approve me will offer EX scores someday.

BofA , Chase and amex keep pulling EX , one of them should start providing EX FICO. I am getting my EX bankcard score by FNBO.

Thanks for this Great News!

Since Citi will be offering the EQ the gambit is almost complete. Hopefully the other's will produce EX and the 3 CRA's will be covered by these various lenders.

Message 21 of 278
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditPlay wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

Geez...  Getting an EX score is like pulling teeth.  Still, I currently only have access to EQ04 via DCU so if it's an EQ08 score that would still be nice.  Maybe Someone who will approve me will offer EX scores someday.

BofA , Chase and amex keep pulling EX , one of them should start providing EX FICO. I am getting my EX bankcard score by FNBO.

Chase might; BOFA traditionally checks TU for anything outside of account opening in my and other people's experience (though I still have yet to mail in the darned form to EX to get my report and their AR's may be landing there now, keep getting distracted).

Unlikely Amex will anytime in the near future, they still offer their CreditSecure product and if they start giving FICO's away, likely that product is kaput from a revenue stream perspective.  Not certain how much they really make from it, admittedly their transactional network and credit card portfolio dwarf any possible revenue off the credit monitoring solution.

I would also suggest that Amex's traditional wheelhouse, both itself as a lender and it's customers, care the least about FICO scores of any lender / consumer relationship in the US.  Would likely be a marketing move if they do decide to, not that I wouldn't be very happy if they did so.

        
Message 22 of 278
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi to offer FICO Score

Hey guys, I heard some rumors that Citi will offer FICO Score begining of next year for account holders. Do you guys have any other info to share? I hope is EX or EQ...

** If I place this info in the wrong forum, please move it ***

Message 23 of 278
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi to offer FICO Score

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys, I heard some rumors that Citi will offer FICO Score begining of next year for account holders. Do you guys heave any other info to share? I hope is EX or EQ

Theres some data about this in a post on the Credit News forums that suggest Citi will offer an authentic EQ FICO in January. That will be Fantastic!!

Message 24 of 278
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Re: Citi to offer FICO Score

That would be great. I Have EX and TU already. I'm really wanting an EQ score.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 25 of 278
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Just googled it. The article I read does say EQ and also that BOA and Chase ate considering also offering scores. ☺
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 26 of 278
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Citibank in January will become the second major credit card issuer to provide FICO credit scores to customers every month.

The move, coming more than a year after Discover became the first major issuer to include credit scores with customers' monthly online statements, signals this will become the norm in the near future.

Citi is the nation's third-largest card issuer by amount of credit issued, behind Bank of America and Chase. Both banks said today they're considering doing the same.

Cit's decision is big in a year when federal regulators have been pushing banks to be more transparent to customers. That transparency can help people better understand what influences credit scores, improve their ratings and discover identity theft or other problems.

The information from Citibank will be provided only online, said Citi spokeswoman Emily Collins. "This is the same score Citi Cards uses in lending decisions and will be available online for free every month."

And the scores will be provided only to the 23.5 million customers with Citi-branded credit cards, not those branded with other companies, such as Sears, Best Buy and Macy's.

The scores will be provided based on information in people's credit reports from Equifax.

Message 27 of 278
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Citibank in January will become the second major credit card issuer to provide FICO credit scores to customers every month.

The move, coming more than a year after Discover became the first major issuer to include credit scores with customers' monthly online statements, signals this will become the norm in the near future.

Citi is the nation's third-largest card issuer by amount of credit issued, behind Bank of America and Chase. Both banks said today they're considering doing the same.

Cit's decision is big in a year when federal regulators have been pushing banks to be more transparent to customers. That transparency can help people better understand what influences credit scores, improve their ratings and discover identity theft or other problems.

The information from Citibank will be provided only online, said Citi spokeswoman Emily Collins. "This is the same score Citi Cards uses in lending decisions and will be available online for free every month."

And the scores will be provided only to the 23.5 million customers with Citi-branded credit cards, not those branded with other companies, such as Sears, Best Buy and Macy's.

The scores will be provided based on information in people's credit reports from Equifax.

Nice, that's excellent news Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 278
xerostatus
Regular Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

This kind of bothers me. I don't know the source of this, but that kind of sloppiness makes me cringe. I can understand saying GE/SYNCB isn't a "major" issuer, since they're not known on the mainstream front, but... Barclaycard? Barclays outdates probably Citi and Discover combined....

Message 29 of 278
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@xerostatus wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

This kind of bothers me. I don't know the source of this, but that kind of sloppiness makes me cringe. I can understand saying GE/SYNCB isn't a "major" issuer, since they're not known on the mainstream front, but... Barclaycard? Barclays outdates probably Citi and Discover combined....

What GE cards give you a monthly FICO?

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 30 of 278
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.