Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNBC: Americans have average of 4 credit cards

tag
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: CNBC: Americans have average of 4 credit cards

@Revelate wrote:
Well this was sourced from Experian’s 2019 State of Credit release.

I pretty much have given up on American news media but at least this piece of data has a valid source behind it.

No offense! You should see the credit cards your "valid source" says I am approved for. They are in it to win it like the rest of us.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 31 of 52
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@mikesonthemend wrote:

I watch CNBC every business day for several hours. I don't believe anything they say. Acorns, and their new CC marketing, Axios and their other Comcast investments scare the hell out of me.

I just keep watching out of habit. Santelli and Kernen are the best, the rest, meh.

Wow Joe Kernen is still around? ..I have not watched CNBC in probably like 7-10 years. (Maria B. was on when I watched)

And I think the other name is Richard or Rick Santelli?

Yeah, he is. Maria is now over on Fox Business. I don't watch them, but I keep (in my mind) wanting to quit them. Santelli is the man!

Edited!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 32 of 52
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Utterly different sources actually for all that they are in the same company.

Experian analytics group using their credit report data is flatly different than the marketing fluff that happens on their consumer website.

No different between this forum in FICO Consumer land which is the very small even red-headed step child of the 800 pound gorilla that is the FICO Business side.

        
Message 33 of 52
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@Revelate

Nothing to dispute. Just another way for Con-cast, I mean Comcast, to profit off of us.

Edit: Not that AT&T thinks there is anything wrong with it.

Message 34 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

As to the news side of this thread, when Paul Harvey was around (news person) he used to use a phrase: "and now for the rest of the story" and gave the real rest of the story! Unfortunately like the Dinosaur, his time was up and he passed on.
Message 35 of 52
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
As to the news side of this thread, when Paul Harvey was around (news person) he used to use a phrase: "and now for the rest of the story" and gave the real rest of the story! Unfortunately like the Dinosaur, his time was up and he passed on.

I forgot about "The Rest of the Story"....loved that radio show. That man could tell a story and always an interesting lead to the "Rest".  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 36 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 credit cards can you imagine?
Message 37 of 52
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Related image

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 38 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What, isn't that what we all carry?

Oh, you meant four credit cards TOTAL, not four cards since September? My bad, carry on... 

Message 39 of 52
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote: (did not write)

According to CNBC Select, the average American  myFico'er has four  forty credit cards

I fixed it ^^^^^ for yaSmiley Very Happy

Good one. 😆 Gave me a chuckle. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.