Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COSTCO members not happy!!

tag
Mellon
Established Contributor

COSTCO members not happy!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/costco-citi-visa-cards-making-162305153.html

On Tuesday, Costco made a big switch, replacing the American Express Costco card with CostcoVisa Anywhere card. American Express had been the warehouse club’s card partner for 16 years, and so far, some customers aren’t impressed by its replacement.

According to Business Insider, new Visa card issuer Citi hasn’t sent out all the new cards yet, leaving Costco customers stuck in a kind of limbo (although it’s been pointed out that some cash back cards with bonus earnings on warehouse club purchases might be a better deal right now anyway). What’s more, even some customers who did get their new Costco Visas haven’t been able to activate them, Business Insider said, quoting customers who labeled the operation a “fail” and a “huge unorganized mistake.”

The new cards were supposed to be sent out in May, but nearly a month later — and two days after the switch was supposed to be implemented — complaints are still pouring into Costco’s Facebook page about the new Citi Visa cards. Costco members complain about wait times of an hour or more, and ineffective customer service representatives who couldn’t help them out even when they finally did get through. The frustration has some members threatening to pull the plug on their memberships, and criticizing Citi and the new partnership.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
juniornj23
Established Contributor

Citi unable to keep up

http://www.businessinsider.com/costcos-credit-card-swap-is-a-disaster-2016-6
Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi unable to keep up

That's crazy

Message 3 of 12
tacpoly
Established Contributor

It's people complaining about nothing. Why would you spend 4 hours on the phone to ask where your card is? Nothing better to do? it's in the mail. I can understand if it's well after the transition and you still haven't received the card, but it's like the first day. Use another Visa card ffs!
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tacpoly wrote:
It's people complaining about nothing. Why would you spend 4 hours on the phone to ask where your card is? Nothing better to do? it's in the mail. I can understand if it's well after the transition and you still haven't received the card, but it's like the first day. Use another Visa card ffs!

^^ this ^^

Unless someone is in a globally spread business they will never understand the effort to roll out something like that (a new CC program for a major bank).  There will always be a few bumps upon deployment until things are ironed out.

Message 5 of 12
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

@tacpoly wrote:

I could be wrong, but I also imagine an issue is most of the credit card holders use it as their membership card as well and may not have the regular non-credit membership card anymore.

I did read somewhere that some cards were printed with an old (invalid) membership number as well.

Message 6 of 12
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Wow! Unbelievable!
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 7 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Lack of patience in understanding this wasn't going to be like a 1 day process.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that a roll out will have some problems but I think Citi messed up. If I recall there was one delay that pushed back the switch. Another thing that would make me angry is if I didn't receive my card in time. Citi had the list, if they were overwhelmed they could have outsourced the cards to another vendor to pick up the slack. I don't have this card, but if I was a Costco member for years and didn't receive my card on time, I'd be angry also. Citi failed on this one.

Message 9 of 12
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Re: COSTCO members not happy!!

Many peopel do not like change in any way shape or form.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.