Did you mean: 

Cabela's Announcement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cabela's Announcement

Well folks, here it is....

http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=TommyLetter

"We announced that Cabela's will merge with Bass Pro Shops and, upon closing of the transaction, will begin a multi-year partnership with Capital One whereby Capital One will exclusively service the Cabela's CLUB Visa card."

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Cabela's Announcement

Thanks for sharing...but wasn't this information shared quite some time ago?  It seems like we've known that Bass Pro is buying Cabelas and Capital One is getting the CC portfolio for at least 6 months.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@happypill wrote:

Thanks for sharing...but wasn't this information shared quite some time ago?  It seems like we've known that Bass Pro is buying Cabelas and Capital One is getting the CC portfolio for at least 6 months.

This is the first official announcement that I'm aware of. Prior to this it could have changed. Also, I think this is the first mention of what will happen to the rewards program.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@happypill wrote:

This is the first official announcement that I'm aware of. Prior to this it could have changed. Also, I think this is the first mention of what will happen to the rewards program.

Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 9
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@happypill wrote:

Sort of. Capita One wasn't able to directly buy the CC business, actually Synovus is buying WFNB and THEN selling the CC portfolio to Capital One, or something to that effect...    THere was some sort of a regulatory issue with Cap One purchasing the whole thing.. 

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 9
huntnfishnguy09
Established Member

so I guess I have never experienced something like this with any of my credit cards before. I am assuming my credit card will remain the same as far as SL, APR, etc etc, with the exception that it will be serviced by cap one now? Or am I wrong?

NFCU Cash Rewards VISA-$14k NFCU Go Rewards VISA-$10k
NFCU Nrewards MC $14k Cabelas Club VISA-$3k
Menards Big Card- $1k Military Star Card-$5250
Discover IT-$3k/ Gardening until 06/22/2015
Current Scores 6/21/14
TU-707 EX-716 EQ-707 Goal-750 all across the board.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@huntnfishnguy09 wrote:
so I guess I have never experienced something like this with any of my credit cards before. I am assuming my credit card will remain the same as far as SL, APR, etc etc, with the exception that it will be serviced by cap one now? Or am I wrong?

I really, really, hope so but I'm not sure either. Hopefully they won't make any changes because I know Cap One isnt my biggest fan....

Message 7 of 9
huntnfishnguy09
Established Member

That makes two of us, they denied me for the venture card of theirs just recently. My cableas card is by far my most used card so I'm a bit nervous as to what might happen...

NFCU Cash Rewards VISA-$14k NFCU Go Rewards VISA-$10k
NFCU Nrewards MC $14k Cabelas Club VISA-$3k
Menards Big Card- $1k Military Star Card-$5250
Discover IT-$3k/ Gardening until 06/22/2015
Current Scores 6/21/14
TU-707 EX-716 EQ-707 Goal-750 all across the board.
Message 8 of 9
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

The only changes I see coming is your CLI's will drop from $1k's to $150 and most will just be flat out denied. The classic tier will almost certainly be a builder card and get an Annual Fee. You will also have the option to upgrade your card from a Cabela's Visa to a Cabela's Visa. So, you have that going for you. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.