Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabelas selling credit card division

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cabelas selling credit card division

@Anonymous wrote:
I hope they give me a nice CLI before selling it.

Me too.

Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

And they did. $3K.  Currently my highest CL, but not for long. I'm upward-bound. Glad I got in before the sale, it'll be interesting to see what happens. Also rewards on ammo? Sure, I'll take it. Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Cabelas selling off their credit card increase the odds of them being bought out by Bass Pro or Dicks? 

Message 23 of 39
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Guess there is still no news on where the credit card division might be ending up?

Occasionally watch Bloomberg but nothing is surfaced there for awhile yet.

Message 24 of 39
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

While I would like to see it go to Bass Pro, given that BoA handles the Bass Pro card, 99% sure I'll cancel the card if BoA services it, not that Comenity is much better...guess this card will be on my short list for thinning the herd in 2016.

Message 25 of 39
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

While I would like to see it go to Bass Pro, given that BoA handles the Bass Pro card, 99% sure I'll cancel the card if BoA services it, not that Comenity is much better...guess this card will be on my short list for thinning the herd in 2016.

It's already on my priority list FIRST to go and at any time. I been trying to resist letting it go until some news (if any) surfaces on who acquires that line but the patience is wearing pretty thin. I don't expect any auto-cli now that it's card line is in negotiations but who knows right?

Message 26 of 39
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Just canceled mine in todays thinning of the herd, along with 5 others including both Cap-1's (yea!!)

Cabelas bumped me to $10k on this card - damn the bad luck - I'll keep it open Smiley Frustrated  but at least Cap-1 is history !!

Message 27 of 39
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

Just canceled mine in todays thinning of the herd, along with 5 others including both Cap-1's (yea!!)

Cabelas bumped me to $10k on this card - damn the bad luck - I'll keep it open Smiley Frustrated  but at least Cap-1 is history !!

What was your orginal SL? And did they auto-bump?

Message 28 of 39
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Message 29 of 39
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Well it's no loss for my profile from the lowball $3K cabelas approved me for last year, so i got tired of waiting (over 6 months) and just closed this card.

Another member in Approvals just got a nice bump from $4K to over $10K i think but cost him a HP which isn't so bad given that lift.

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.