Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California DMV compromised, credit cards breached

tag
eddie84
Valued Contributor

California DMV compromised, credit cards breached

Just a heads-up for those who lives in Cali (I'm one of them lol):

"Earlier this week, MasterCard issued an alert noting that credit cards used online in transactions with California's DMV may have resulted in the theft of data and personal information - including credit card numbers, expiration dates, and three-digit security codes.

The number of cards stolen is still unconfirmed, but according to security blogger Brian Krebs, at least five different financial institutions have confirmed the data breach. Krebs says the potentially compromised transactions all occurred in a range of six months, from August 2nd, 2013 to January 21st, 2014."

Link to the original article

And here's the link to CA DMV regarding the breach

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: California DMV compromised, credit cards breached

Oh goody; at least my registration date falls outside that window and haven't been there for anything else, but wonder which 3rd party they use is as it potentially affects more than just Cali DMV customers if so.

        
Message 2 of 4
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Lucky you.  Me and my wife just renewed our registrations within that time frame. Smiley Surprised  Right now I'm going over my statements with a fine-tooth comb. lol Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got'ta luv it! Can't even do government business without a breach!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.