Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t return car at lease end

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can’t return car at lease end

Some dealers are playing ridiculous games with respect to refusing lease returns. https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a32289818/car-lease-returns-problems/
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can’t return car at lease end

I think this is a bit misleading, you can still return your lease per the agreement.. After all it's a signed agreement for both sides, and they have to comply just as much as you do. No excuses. If they don't want the car back I can simply contact the proper channels and refuse to pay anymore payments. They cannot force you to keep the vehicle because "they're full and sales are poor"!

I would definitely be contacting corporate on this if happend to me.

That said, if they wanted to make me a very good deal i'd very much consider keeping it. Too bad my lease isn't up until 4/22. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can’t return car at lease end

Those were my thoughts too. The examples in the article are quite ridiculous. Best guess is they figure the number of people who capitulate is worth dealing with the ones who don’t. I certainly wouldn’t pay the same monthly rate to lease a 3 year old car.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.