Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One acquiring BJ’s card too?

tag
Hex
Valued Contributor

Capital One acquiring BJ’s card too?

Looks like Capital One is taking over another one. Get your limits up now before it's too late.  

https://www.pymnts.com/legal/2022/bjs-wholesale-club-ditches-ads-moves-credit-cards-to-capital-one/a...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One acquiring BJ’s card too,

@Hex wrote:

Looks like Capital One is taking over another one. Get your limits up now before it's too late.  

https://www.pymnts.com/legal/2022/bjs-wholesale-club-ditches-ads-moves-credit-cards-to-capital-one/a...

Cap 1 has been very generous with me via the kohls card. 300 - 1500 in 14 months. I guess it depends on the card.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 2 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Interesting.  Comenity certainly hasn't communicated this to their cardholders.  Mine appears to have been capped out at $30,000 as the last time I asked for a CLI they only added $200 to the $29,800 limit, and previously the CLIs were quite generous.

I'm very surprised they are reporting over 1 million active cards, though, as that is a staggering 20% of their membership.  Their footprint is significantly smaller than Costco or Sam's Club.

One potential annoyance about this is that historically when CapOne acquires accounts, the original account is listed as closed and then a new account is added to credit reports (retaining original opening date).  Another concern is that the very generous balance transfer offers Comenity has periodically offered (like 1 or 2% fee and 0% APR) are unlikely to continue on a cobranded CapOne card.

Hopefully like the Walmart cards, these cards will transfer to the main CapOne accounts servicing page (like their non-cobranded cards) and not be archaic like Kohl's as an example of some of their lackluster store card interfaces.

Message 3 of 8
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Interesting.  Comenity certainly hasn't communicated this to their cardholders.  Mine appears to have been capped out at $30,000 as the last time I asked for a CLI they only added $200 to the $29,800 limit, and previously the CLIs were quite generous.

I'm very surprised they are reporting over 1 million active cards, though, as that is a staggering 20% of their membership.  Their footprint is significantly smaller than Costco or Sam's Club.

One potential annoyance about this is that historically when CapOne acquires accounts, the original account is listed as closed and then a new account is added to credit reports (retaining original opening date).  Another concern is that the very generous balance transfer offers Comenity has periodically offered (like 1 or 2% fee and 0% APR) are unlikely to continue on a cobranded CapOne card.

Hopefully like the Walmart cards, these cards will transfer to the main CapOne accounts servicing page (like their non-cobranded cards) and not be archaic like Kohl's as an example of some of their lackluster store card interfaces.

That did not happen when my Williams Sonoma card was taken over i still only have one account that is listed as Capital One Bank NA and the same open date.

Message 4 of 8
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

This could be concerning! I have little over 30K with Cap1 and they have not given any CLI in past 3 years! My BJ card is 27K, hopefully they would not CLD after the acquisition!

Message 5 of 8
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

BJs to Cap 1

Does anyone know when this will happen? My mum has a Bj's card and we have not gotten anything for that yet (23 Mar 2022). We were told that if we end the membership that the rewards will still accrue but the only way we can get the money back is by a cheque. Can anyone confirm this? The reps with Comenity or B'js themselves don't have a clue what they are doing.

Message 6 of 8
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

Re: BJs to Cap 1

Next year February to march ... 

Wondering if could pc from Walmart to bjs next year very interesting 🤔

>
Message 7 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BJs to Cap 1

@911gt34life wrote:

Next year February to march ... 

Wondering if could pc from Walmart to bjs next year very interesting 🤔

@911gt34life - Capital One does not PC between partner cards or programs. This applies to any PLCCs like Cabela's, Saks, Williams Sonoma, etc.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.