Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One to be new issuer of Williams Sonoma cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One to be new issuer of Williams Sonoma cards

I'm sure glad that I closed mine last month seeing how I already have $12K exposure with Capital One. 

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/williams-sonoma-inc-introduces-strategic-partnership-with-c...

Message 1 of 62
61 REPLIES 61
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One to be new issuer of Williams Sonoma cards

@Saeren wrote:

I'm sure glad that I closed mine last month seeing how I already have $12K exposure with Capital One. 

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/williams-sonoma-inc-introduces-strategic-partnership-with-c...

Does this apply to store cards also ?

Message 2 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/williams-sonoma-inc-introduces-strategic-partnership-with-capital-one-and-expands-cross-brand-loyalty-programs-301313041.html

I am sure that it will. It's unusual for the store card to have a different company like Amazon does. 

Message 3 of 62
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya just saw this on another site.. at 25k limit at 15.x apr i believe.  In middle of a mortgage for the next 4-5 months while house is being built.  Anyone know if Cap1 carries over history?   Did they with walmart card?  @FinStar looking for you at an answer what you think.  Otherwise might just close it.  I know it would just take a LOE for mortgage, but really don't want to deal with it if new account.

Message 4 of 62
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Ya just saw this on another site.. at 25k limit at 15.x apr i believe.  In middle of a mortgage for the next 4-5 months while house is being built.  Anyone know if Cap1 carries over history?   Did they with walmart card?  @FinStar looking for you at an answer what you think.  Otherwise might just close it.  I know it would just take a LOE for mortgage, but really don't want to deal with it if new account.

Definitely don't close it.  Especially with a limit that high.

Yes, based on previous account transitions, Capital One will keep the entire history.  Both my Walmart and Cabela's MCs did.  Same for Neiman Marcus, Saks MC and Menards when they were acquired from HSBC.

Message 5 of 62
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Red1Blue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/williams-sonoma-inc-introduces-strategic-partnership-with-capital-one-and-expands-cross-brand-loyalty-programs-301313041.html

Very similar to the Walmart portfolio that was acquired from SYNCB.  Both store and MC versions were migrated to Capital One.

Message 6 of 62
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Yes, based on previous account transitions, Capital One will keep the entire history.  Both my Walmart and Cabela's MCs did.  Same for Neiman Marcus, Saks MC and Menards when they were acquired from HSBC.

Thanks for the insight on previous transactions and limits havent been slashed on other cards that have acquired?  Also wonder about my HSBC card as two banks are splitting it.  Another wild thing coming up that is only 12.5k limit though..

Message 7 of 62
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Thanks for the insight on previous transactions and limits havent been slashed on other cards that have acquired?  Also wonder about my HSBC card as two banks are splitting it.  Another wild thing coming up that is only 12.5k limit though..

Not IME, my Capital One QS is still $160K, Cabelas is still $20K, GM BuyPower is ~$15K (this one will be going to Goldman Sachs eventually as the portfolio was already acquired by them).  As far as CL adjustments, none were slashed, but CLIs dried up! Smiley Very Happy   Saks WEMC, NM and Menards are pretty high as well. 

Since you have very decent AGI and you rarely poke the bear whistle.gif (that I'm aware of), you should be fine -- so don't close it.  I doubt any adjustments will be made.  I'll see if can put in a good word for yaSmiley Very Happy.  Now, If you have upwards or >$100K across all accounts with Capital One, who knows, but so far I haven't seen any 'slashings' when transitioning products.  No reports came out of the Walmart SYNCB->Capital One migration.

Of course, there was that one time when Capital One performed some haircuts for a bunch of folks (i.e. core cards), but they were right-sizing things at the time (you know economic trends, losses and pandemic).  They still dish out $30K SLs for the right person, though.

Message 8 of 62
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya would be my only Cap1 card so see how it play out i suspect.  thanks again

Message 9 of 62
MJ-san
Frequent Contributor

Williams-Sonoma moving from Comenity to Cap1

just saw this... https://www.capitalone.com/about/newsroom/williams-sonoma-partnership/

Should be interesting - hubby has WS Visa and West Elm store, wonder if they will combine.

Message 10 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.