cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Class Action Lawsuit For Adverse Action On Credit Card Application Between 2014-2019

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Class Action Lawsuit For Adverse Action On Credit Card Application Between 2014-2019

@Revelate wrote:

How is a denial damaging anyway?

I lost thousands of dollars in the stock market on one public company which was nailed for fraud and deliberately misstating earnings among other things, and I just received a class action settlement check, literally today, for $94.17.

But I bet the attorneys were a-ok, probably taking 2/3 of what was won.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Class Action Lawsuit For Adverse Action On Credit Card Application Between 2014-2019

Although we know investing is a gamble, People should have at least got the amount they lost back since the Company was involved in fraudulent and questionable activities. This is one aspect where class action lawsuits are fruitless for the people actually affected. 

Message 12 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Although we know investing is a gamble, People should have at least got the amount they lost back since the Company was involved in fraudulent and questionable activities. This is one aspect where class action lawsuits are fruitless for the people actually affected. 

It's one of the big reasons why diversification is important.  Yeah I lost something like 3K on it and I entered and exited during the time period covered by the class action and got basically nothing back from it but overall I'm way up over the period.

They're sitting at literally 10% of their late 2013 peak and to be fair the entire market segment they were in flopped and as such my investment thesis was either wrong or just 20 years too early or whatever in addition to their lying, but getting back my full losses isn't realistic regardless.

        
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.