Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase will close a mortgage in 21 days or give you a $1000 bucks

tag
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Chase will close a mortgage in 21 days or give you a $1000 bucks

Looks like the mortgage game may be getting more competitive.

https://www.housingwire.com/articles/48238-chase-guarantees-it-will-close-a-mortgage-in-21-days-or-i...

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase will close a mortgage in 21 days or give you a $1000 bucks

Think it had to, frankly the current mortgage process is absurdly slow for no good reason... all of the electronic verification and communication that can be done these days and yet it is still traditional timelines from decades ago.

Just dumb, and with Rocket Mortgage leading the way others have to step up.

        
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

21 days.  How do do title and appraisal inthat amount of time

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, for some it might be an issue needing to close in under a month. Geared no doubt for flippers who need in for a quck turnaround, and not too concered with the setails. But some people prefer not to rush into something so expensive and life altering. It's alwasy nice to get a home inspection in addition to the time it takes for a title search and appraisal. Also probably helps if you're in the City, and one with a physical branch. But some of us are far removed from the big City, so lining up all those contacts for an appontment within 2.5 weeks seems unlikely.

Though if by some chance you can line all that up, and everything falls into place on time. Sounds good. Chase must have a pretty good team of professionals lined up and waiting.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, for some it might be an issue needing to close in under a month. Geared no doubt for flippers who need in for a quck turnaround, and not too concered with the setails. But some people prefer not to rush into something so expensive and life altering. It's alwasy nice to get a home inspection in addition to the time it takes for a title search and appraisal. Also probably helps if you're in the City, and one with a physical branch. But some of us are far removed from the big City, so lining up all those contacts for an appontment within 2.5 weeks seems unlikely.

Though if by some chance you can line all that up, and everything falls into place on time. Sounds good. Chase must have a pretty good team of professionals lined up and waiting.

Some of the more shady flipers want 45 to 60 days. They will start trying to sell way before they closed and we have caught them trying to make repairs before they closed. I got to tell one flipper he he lost his $15K emd and we were keeping all his unauthorized repairs  because he started early.  His realtor got to meet my DW at the professional standards boards and leave $5,000 also.  Buyer selects inspector so chase has no control. Chase has to use an amc for valuation so they have very little control.   the credit part is only part speeded up and that could at best save 2 to 3 days.   

Message 5 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

21 days.  How do do title and appraisal inthat amount of time

Appraisal is pretty easy to get done quickly now in my experience: it's been pulled way up in the process probably because this is one thing that can absolutely wreck most mortgage applications.

Title should also be a lot easier in the vast majority of situations: everything started moving online a decade ago even with big giant behemoths that aren't very technical like LA County... I can't imagine there are that many common applications that run into ridiculous crap like a trust that a condo I was interested in acquiring had two owners that had some stupid disagreement over price.  That plus a couple other things kept me from making a several hundred thousand dollar mistake, thank you process.

I suspect really it's gone the same way as background checks: unless you actually need to talk to a human being, they move at light speed now... secret clearance even from the government is like 30 minutes of actual run time, and the standard financial background checks going to work for banks get turned in around a few days now and those are arguably more cumbersome than many title checks.

Ultimately it's a marketing thing: if you figure call it 5% (probably high) go beyond 21 days how does that compare to the additional originations you had walk through the door?

        
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here the state's tax website and CRS only pick up deeds. Title seacher pick ups all the judgments/ liens but not so good on deeds. Sometimes we get asked for a mini title  job and have to run both to get all the info. 

Message 7 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Here the state's tax website and CRS only pick up deeds. Title seacher pick ups all the judgments/ liens but not so good on deeds. Sometimes we get asked for a mini title  job and have to run both to get all the info. 

Generally wouldn't most deeds and property records be under county jurisdiction?  

I guess it varies by state but they've had decades to resolve this: a simple decision tree based on what state the property is in probably is enough to catch 98% or whatever of the common cases, then just need a robust enough system to untangle the mess that is the other 2% or just chalk that up to the 22+ day miss category.

Seems solvable honestly, I mean as a society we've done far harder things than that from a records integration and analysis perspective.

        
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.