Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase will launch a DoorDash Mastercard

tag
James3
Contributor

Chase will launch a DoorDash Mastercard

Chase, DoorDash, and Mastercard are partnering to offer a World Elite Mastercard. The article talks a bit about other food delivery platform partnerships with banks. 

FNBO Evergreen
GM Copper Card
Wells Fargo Signature
Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards
Citi Double Cash
Wells Fargo BILT
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase will launch a DoorDash Mastercard

I'm not a big DoorDash customer, but if this card offers rewards for food as restaurant and delivery then this could be a very desirable card to have!

Message 2 of 8
GZG
Valued Contributor

it's a shame these doordash/instacart cards are Chase cards.

Wonder if the UW on these will be more similar to the Amazon card than the regular Chase cards.

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 3 of 8
Itgem679
Regular Contributor

@James3 wrote:

Chase, DoorDash, and Mastercard are partnering to offer a World Elite Mastercard. The article talks a bit about other food delivery platform partnerships with banks. 

The pandemic ruined us at our house. We've become so accustomed to having dinner delivered it has been hard to pull away. 

However, this week I have noticed DD has become more expensive with DashPass (even for the Subway a quarter mile from our house, with $20 spent for food, is now coming out to over $40 because of taxes and fees). Outside of getting the card to stuff in a sock drawer, there's little benefit imho.

Gardening until 2023. Current scores (11/2022): Ex: 757 Eq: 757 Tu: 757
CLs: (As of 12/2022)
First Tech World Mastercard: $10k
American Express: $1K
AAdvantage: $2.8K
Wells Fargo Platinum: $4.6K
Discover It (blue): $4.5K
Discover It (red): $4.5K
~6 other cards with limits under $2K
Auth'd user on 1 Capital One card.
All balances stay under 5%.
Message 4 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Itgem679 wrote:

@James3 wrote:

The pandemic ruined us at our house. We've become so accustomed to having dinner delivered it has been hard to pull away. 

However, this week I have noticed DD has become more expensive with DashPass (even for the Subway a quarter mile from our house, with $20 spent for food, is now coming out to over $40 because of taxes and fees). Outside of getting the card to stuff in a sock drawer, there's little benefit imho.

That's what I've seen too, lots of additional and higher fees now than when these services really became a thing during the early pandemic. 

Admittedly I'm just going out to get food because it gets me out of my darned studio apartment.  Speaking of sun's out I need to get my walk on.

Anyway Chase and Mastercard?  Oooooooooh, will be interesting to see what benefits they have on it and to my knowledge Chase has always firmly been in the Visa camp.

        
Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Revelate wrote:

@Itgem679 wrote:

@James3 wrote:

That's what I've seen too, lots of additional and higher fees now than when these services really became a thing during the early pandemic. 

Admittedly I'm just going out to get food because it gets me out of my darned studio apartment.  Speaking of sun's out I need to get my walk on.

Anyway Chase and Mastercard?  Oooooooooh, will be interesting to see what benefits they have on it and to my knowledge Chase has always firmly been in the Visa camp.

Yeah, Chase has slowly reintroduced the MC network on a few select CCs. IHG Premier, Freedom FLEX and Aeroplan/Air Canada are currently issued as WEMC, for example.

Message 6 of 8
crystal626
Regular Contributor

@Itgem679 wrote:

@James3 wrote:

This is why in my house we refuse to order with these services unless someone is sick and needs more than just some food. We order from places that do their own delivery like pizza and Asian food. Usually $2-$5 delivery and the menu prices are cheaper since they don't bake in 25% fees or whatever from the third party company.

Message 7 of 8
iced
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Itgem679 wrote:

@James3 wrote:

We're still quite entrenched in the 10+ DD orders per week camp. We figure it's a wash between walking to a nearby restaurant and dropping $80 on dinner and tip or ordering from a restaurant that's a bit further away (and thus not one we'd regularly go to) for $80 with fees and tip.

We're also in a situation where getting in the car and driving somewhere is very undesirable (and likely to result in losing our parking spot), so anything more than a 5-10 minute walk is going to result in similar quality for takeout to someone driving it from 1-2 miles away (which around here, also means 10+ minutes).

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.