tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clark v. Trans Union, LLC

Anyone know if this suit is real?  I found a email notice in my spam folder

Consumers with Public Records on Their TransUnion Credit Reports

Could Be Affected by a Class Action 
Settlement Involving Credit Reporting

• There is a proposed Settlement in class action lawsuits against TransUnion involving the reporting of certain public record information on TransUnion credit reports.
  • You are included if you: (a) requested and received a copy of your credit report from TransUnion between May 20, 2009 and March 23, 2018 that included a public record (such as a bankruptcy, judgment, or tax lien); or (b) between July 5, 2014 and March 23, 2018 had a credit report communicated by TransUnion to a third party (such as a lender or employer) where the credit report contained a tax lien or civil judgment, and where such lien or judgment was reported inaccurately or did not belong to you.
  • TransUnion will establish an Alternative Dispute Resolution Program (“ADR Program”) for consumers who were injured by an inaccurate TransUnion credit report related to the reporting of a civil judgment or state or federal tax lien. If you are able to provide certain types of proof of injury, you can get an automatic payment of at least $1,500, and in some circumstances, $2,000. You will have 18 months after the Settlement is approved to submit a request for payment.
  • This Settlement does not release your individual claim(s), unless you accept a payment under the ADR Program.
  • The Settlement also includes changes to TransUnion’s business practices by which TransUnion will cease reporting civil judgments and tax liens and will provide a means for consumers to determine the vendor from whom it obtained their records.
  • Your legal rights are affected by the proposed Settlement even if you do nothing.
  • Your rights and options – and the deadlines to exercise them – are explained in this notice. Please read this entire notice carefully.

https://www.tupublicrecordsettlement.com/

Thanks

Steve

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Clark v. Trans Union, LLC

Website was registered from Canada, that to me reeks of scam.
Message 2 of 6

It's legit I found it on the NASDQ website. 

Just do a search for Clark v. Trans Union, LLC and you'll find the NASDQ press release on it. 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

Now that the settlement has been approved, are there any other MyFico'ers waiting for something from

either the administrators or Transunion?  It's been several weeks since sending in my claim and

haven't heard anything yet.  As I recall, the form never asked for my email so I'll presume everything

is handled by snail mail.

Message 4 of 6
ccsauer
Contributor

How do you know if you qualify? I had credit checks and such that may or may not have affected my qualifications for a loan or employment, but I don't know for sure! I don't want to put a claim through if I don't qualify, though. Thoughts?

Message 5 of 6
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

Mine was approved, waiting on the check!

Have a look to see if you have any inquiries on TU that don't match up with a new account

from the same month.  That would be a starting point. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.